Sponsored

No acceleratoion past 45mph or 2500rpm

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
Strange thing happened Friday night. I started the car, it sounded and idled fine. I started to drive away and after I shifted into 2nd it had no acceleration past 2500rpm. It feels just like when I hit 65mph with the My Key that's set to 65mph, pedal to the floor and no acceleration. Is seems like it will go above 2500rpm in 1st only. When I got back home I noticed the brake lights all stayed on for several minutes. I disconnected the battery to stop them from draining the battery because I was in a hurry and had to switch vehicles to go out of town. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Is this repeatable?

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Guess you will find out when you get home.

Hopefully it’s just a software bug.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
No check engine light?

I experienced reduced RPM (car wouldn’t go over 35 MPH and it sounded like it was down on a few cylinders) when the throttle body threw codes for the blade sticking open and shut. The fix for me was to send the tb back to Soler Performance to be adjusted.

OP
OP

Brazos609

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaro
I found the pieces of the broken brake switch bumper in the floorboard yesterday and picked up replacement bumpers from Ford today. There's an recall issued last year for this problem for some cars but I'd rather pay a couple of dollars for the part myself than have to take it to the dealership.
Sponsored