Sponsored

No 6 foot bed option in TRD OR iForce Max Hybrid?

ksilvest22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
It doesn't seem like the TRD OR trim with the iForce Max Hybrid engine will have a 6 foot bed option? Is this just a ploy to get people to either buy the regular iForce TRD ORs or pay for the overpriced trailhunter? Do you think this option will come eventually and take my chances on that happening or settle for the reduced horsepower and torque of the regular TRD OR trim? Thanks for your thoughts. Also, considering just a used 3 gen with a six foot bed instead. Toyota is not kind to tall people and Tundra is too big.
Sponsored

Echoedlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
99 chevy silverado
I was pretty disappointed by it too. I'm going for reg OR with a 6ft and there aren't many options for that even. My guess as to reason why is down to them looking at the 3rd gens sales and found most ppl went with 5ft when given a choice similar to the crew vs access cab. From talking to 3rd gen owners its mostly down to them buy and large wanting to fit them in their garages. For me though I want every foot I can get.

JustAnotherDingus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo Wagon (for now!)
I feel you. I’m in the same spot right now. Debating 5 vs 6’ bed because that will determine whether or not I go hybrid. I drive in stop and go traffic all day and work out of my vehicle, so for me that small mpg gain and the 2400w inverter would make a measurable difference. But 6’ beds are so nice and practical — although parking that in downtown city traffic to do vendor pickups would be more painful.

I really hope they offer the OR hybrid with a 6’ bed in the future. I know they do listen to customer feedback and pay attention to what folks are saying to some extent at Toyota so if there’s enough of a push for it maybe it’ll be offered down the line. Who knows.

JED

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tacoma TRD Sport
I was pretty disappointed by it too. I'm going for reg OR with a 6ft and there aren't many options for that even. My guess as to reason why is down to them looking at the 3rd gens sales and found most ppl went with 5ft when given a choice similar to the crew vs access cab. From talking to 3rd gen owners its mostly down to them buy and large wanting to fit them in their garages. For me though I want every foot I can get.
You won’t be disappointed!

OP
OP

ksilvest22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Yeah I'm debating just settling for the reg OR with a 6 foot bed but hate how they make you go full upgrade premium for the 14inch monitor with multi terrain cameras for off roading. Going to test drive a 23 3rd GEN OR and 24 OR reg on Tuesday, both with 6 foot beds. The other option would be to wait longer but my current vehicle has 116k on it and I want something better. Have 20k down plus trade in and it will still be a $400 payment for the 24 OR reg.

av8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
too many
The 6' beds look weird to me on this truck. Looks out of proportion.
Sponsored