Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Wow, just read this entire thread. Here is my experience; my 2017 gt350R transmission failed at 9600 miles, and the clutch went out with it. Ford covered the trans but refused to cover the clutch, even though it was not worn, and instead failed...

I track with a guy that helped design the gt350 and he opened a “friends and family” case for me. My rep eventually came back and told me that if I push for a field engineer to come out to look at the clutch, Ford could deny coverage on the $10k trans, and i get no appeal, if it’s determined I subjected my car to “track use or other abuse.” I ended up paying for the clutch out of pocket and am disgusted with how I’ve been treated. I have filed a magnison act case against Ford (Lots of other issues, 5+ months in the shop) and certainly will not be getting a GT500. I love my R and Raptor, but Ford has treated me like crap. I don’t want to hear how my track car with a track settings owner manual section and they invited me to Utah to learn to use it on track voids my (and anyone I sell it to) warranty. I will keep my R while my 8 year warranty is effective, but just put a deposit on a 2022 C8 Z06.

here is my sob story for anyone interested:https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ays-not-warranty-for-clutch-in-pieces.148866/
Here is my warranted exploded clutch. About 13k miles
DCBE1A91-724E-49B1-8650-F99D88C72773.jpeg
Sponsored

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
I started buying Corvettes in 2002 and did so until 2015. I owned the Z06 C5, C6 and the latest C7 2015. I was told from the get go Corvettes are expensive due to the higher rate of warranty issues. And now here we are arguing over the track use warranty exclusion. I can pretty much assure you if enough people bitch to Ford they will take the Track Exclusion away. But like anything nothings free and as I posted a few threads back you will pay more for the car. So in the end let’s say they factor 10k-20k more MSRP what did you really accomplish?

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
People need to speak up. I can only do so much.

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
Advertising a track car like Ford is doing and then taking away the warranty for using it as such (in boilerplate most don’t read) is fraud and deception.

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
I started buying Corvettes in 2002 and did so until 2015. I owned the Z06 C5, C6 and the latest C7 2015. I was told from the get go Corvettes are expensive due to the higher rate of warranty issues. And now here we are arguing over the track use warranty exclusion. I can pretty much assure you if enough people bitch to Ford they will take the Track Exclusion away. But like anything nothings free and as I posted a few threads back you will pay more for the car. So in the end let’s say they factor 10k-20k more MSRP what did you really accomplish?
I’ll happily pay $10k to have a clear as light full warranty coverage, no BS, for 8 years on a track car. Sure is better value for money over some painted stripes and “track pack” really meant for parking at cars and coffee to discuss how much your carbon wheels cost.

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Advertising a track car like Ford is doing and then taking away the warranty for using it as such (in boilerplate most don’t read) is fraud and deception.
Sorry but putting feelings aside ( and I feel like you) there is neither, in the legal sense of it, fraud nor deception.
All that has been carefully reviewed and vetted by Ford legal department.
The potential buyer could easily read the warranty terms before buying the car and track capable do not legally equate to track warranted
Caveat Emptor is not only an old saying but is also a legal principle

Last edited:

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Caveat Emptor is not only an old saying but also a legal principle
So, so true, Luc.

Sure is better value for money over some painted stripes and “track pack” really meant for parking at cars and coffee to discuss how much your carbon wheels cost.
IMHO, those of us who elected to purchase this car, (or any other enthusiast-desirable vehicle,) can all enjoy it equally whether we take the vehicle to a track of any sort or not. Nothing gained by dis'ing one group over another.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
So, so true, Luc.

IMHO, those of us who elected to purchase this car, (or any other enthusiast-desirable vehicle,) can all enjoy it equally whether we take the vehicle to a track of any sort or not. Nothing gained by dis'ing one group over another.
KB,

The way the car was designed and marketed, it was put out there that it is a track car. Then Ford slips some BS exclusion phrase into the warranty the way they did???? As long as the car isn't modified, and the failure isn't due to operator error, you would win the case if Ford denied the warranty claim. But you'd have to lawyer up and fight the fight.

Ford shouldn't play silly word games with people. I would say what they did was intentional based upon all the research I have done. They tell you one thing, but it is contradictory to what THEY have written in the warranty. The fact that they won't issue any kind of official written correction or clarification after legitimate concerns were presented is an indicator their words were chosen carefully. Ford and their legal team are not stupid people. They know exactly what that disclaimer says and they have made it clear that they won't touch that clause with a 10 foot pole because that is exactly how they want that exclision written.

Again, I encourage anyone with concern to reach out to Ford (both the customer relations line and FP) to express discontent over the warrnty exclusion and its potential impact.

Chances are most people will be fine. Heck, only a small percentage of people would be affected by this change in the warranty language. I know that I would not want to be on the hook for a 30K engine or a 30K transmission (or both) if Ford should choose to exercise the ambiguity of that one phrase.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
I would say media attention over the warranty clause or a class action lawsuit I think would. But I know I don't track the car, but I dont like the fact they have carte blanche to pick a choose what they can cover. And unmodified car should be covered for the length of the warranty, provided it wasnt abused, modified or driver carelessness.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Tomasino: I hear you loud and clear my friend and I am in total agreement. I've just become one of the world's biggest cynics when it comes to money and the legal departments of big corporations.

Yes, you might win and, you might not. All it takes is one compromised judge in whatever state and county works best for them. If it's a Pinto gas tank, that's easy but I personally would not want to have this particular fight and I truly hope you never have it yourself.

As someone else mentioned, Mr. Owens, FP, et al, are on a much lower floor than Corporate Legal and I have lost faith in the ethics and morality of said departments.
Sponsored