Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Personally, I believe the change was intentional, Tom, marketing and FP be damned. Lawyers run companies, not engineers or drivers.

Regarding @martinjlm's question, if it's not a misprint, then yes, my take is that anyone who buys a YT'ers '500 that the owner has taken to any "timed event" or "track use," (and has posted videos of same,) then according to what the manual states, the new owner would not have a warranty.

Question becomes, how would they know? Would they rely on the car's EPROM data?

My 2Ā¢..

KB
Sponsored

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 Race Red
How do you tell a full throttle 150mph run on a drag strip from a full throttle 150mph run on an interstate......aside from GPS and/or video.

Houston Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500 HE CFTP, '18 WK2 ,'16 Audi A7
How do you tell a full throttle 150mph run on a drag strip from a full throttle 150mph run on an interstate......aside from GPS and/or video.
An immediate check of a person's social media posts. i.e. I am headed to the track and here are videos and pics of me and my GT500 at said track for all of the world to see. Then the follow up posts on forums about how they blew up their engine while at the track.

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
Bean counting accountants run companies. Some bean counters were getting upset because warranty claims were eating up the bottom line, so they asked the lawyers to change the wording. That's how it works.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah the question was rhetorical. They DON'T know unless you tell them....or someone tells them.....and in this day in age most people have trouble keeping there mouths shut.....

Sponsored

16Kobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
One reason I have an alias on Social media and try not to post track pictures

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Smart, Jim. Smarter yet, stay off SM. :cool:

Tony says, they don't know.

What about the data recorded by the car and, that only Ford can access? Doesn't that black box record highest speed, highest RPM, max G, etc.? I feel sure that it does and if it does, my only remaining question is, does it date and time stamp the entry? Again, I can't imagine it does not.

If the box does indeed record a multitude of data like that, I don't see how someone could avoid being called out for many entries of very high performance driving in a single day or weekend.

Again, depending on what is recorded by the car and stored in Ford-only memory.

If anyone knows perzactly what gets recorded, I sure would like to know.

KB

Weee500

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
I know the service manager at my ford personally. He told me that he would help me out the best he could and word things properly if that time ever came. I have no reason to believe him. Ima keep doing what Iā€™m doing

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I have no reason to believe him
Then you are in big trouble, lol. J/K.

Folks, still no word from FP. They are usually outstanding in getting back with a timely reply. I don't think this is good.

protraxduner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

What about the data recorded by the car and, that only Ford can access? Doesn't that black box record highest speed, highest RPM, max G, etc.? I feel sure that it does and if it does, my only remaining question is, does it date and time stamp the entry? Again, I can't imagine it does not.

If the box does indeed record a multitude of data like that, I don't see how someone could avoid being called out for many entries of very high performance driving in a single day or weekend.

KB
No where in that exclusion list does it say i cannot have 'many entries of very high performance driving in a single day or weekend'................ i just can't do it racing, at a track, competition or event.....just saying...i call it 'spirited' driving. Now if it records long/lat and that puts you at a track...well you're screwed, or if it shows you revving it to 10K well thats on you.....

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE

KB
This doesnā€™t help you guys much since Iā€™m currently in a camaro, but I got into my data recorder after my last track day...and holy hell you could spend days in there.

min/max tire temps, coolant temp, tire pressure, oil pressure, oil temp, tranny temp, boost, lateral g, you get the idea. This stuff is separated by lap, they know how much the car intervened, it is nuts. Absolutely no way this could be replicated on the street, so i hope for you guys this was a misprint.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
This doesnā€™t help you guys much since Iā€™m currently in a camaro, but I got into my data recorder after my last track day...and holy hell you could spend days in there.

min/max tire temps, coolant temp, tire pressure, oil pressure, oil temp, tranny temp, boost, lateral g, you get the idea. This stuff is separated by lap, they know how much the car intervened, it is nuts. Absolutely no way this could be replicated on the street, so i hope for you guys this was a misprint.
I agree. There is no BS'in people. If something happens to the car, they will know who, what, when, and where.

I'll give FP the standard courtesy 24 hour response time before I take it up a notch. Let's see where this goes.

I hope for the sake of the brand and what FP stands for, this will be clarified.

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
Jason: To what were you refering when you said "data recorder." Were you talking about the car's recorded data or a track recorder?
Itā€™s called a ā€˜performance data recorderā€™ and it is an option. So maybe you canā€™t get that data from the car without it, Iā€™m not really sure. My guess would be if they wanted to, they could find many of those values though. These cars are designed to keep you in check at all times, with that comes constant calculations and values stored somewhere Iā€™d think.
Sponsored