Sponsored

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
No dog in this particular fight, but I have also always been told that "big Ford" is responsible for all warranty matters. FP can advocate, but has no responsibility...again, from what I have been told when dealing with my cars. Either way, wishing best of luck to all.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I'll call Mother Ford one more time to try to get to the bottom of this.

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
I am curious are many here tracking and racing their cars? And secondly are any seeing major components breaking?

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
I am curious are many here tracking and racing their cars? And secondly are any seeing major components breaking?
I have been tracking my 17 gtpp heavily for the past 3 years with only damage being an exploded ( and warranted) clutch but a friend of mine is on his third engines ( all warranted) on same car than me and another friend lost his engine, 2019 350R about. 2 months ago. Got a brand new 1 under warranty
There not a single Gen2 5.0 long block in Ford inventory...... for whatever reason
I see a lot of s550 at various track events

GTIIIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Hi,

New member here, and looking to buy a GT350 for mainly street use, but with possible track day ambitions. I have a line on both a my '19 or '20, and given this unresolved warranty coverage issue, is there any advantage to the my '19 over the '20? It seems to me at this point there is no difference. Is that the general understanding absent any clarification from FP?

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
No, I'm not saying that at all. What I am saying is that the way the warranty reads, Ford had the option to cover it or not. They chose to cover it, which is consistent with the conversation I had with Jim.

So here is my current situation.....

I had a CV fail. I would say the current CV joint is damaged, wouldn't you? It occurred on the track.

If you read the warranty exclusion, it says....
What is Not Covered Under the
New Vehicle Limited Warranty?
Damage caused by:
• Abuse, competition, racing, track use
or other events.

By the strictest interpretation of the warranty, my issue is not covered. My CV is damaged. The damage happened on the track. I did not abuse the car, modify it, or use it in a manner that was not consistent with the design or intent of the car as it was built.

As far as I know, this issue is being covered under warranty. My point is that by the way the warranty reads, Ford could push back and not cover the issue. In this instance, they are going to repair the car. Lets say I blew an engine or a transmission (or both), would Ford cover that? I wouldn't feel comfortable with the way the warranty reads. My conversation with Jim was that Damage is interpreted to be abuse. As far as I know, Ford has not defined in writing what damage is and how it affects the warranty.

My issue is small potatoes in the grand scheme of things. I would be surprised if Ford offered any kind of resistance over this issue. With that said, if I was using the car on the track, I certainly would reach out to Ford and/or Ford Performance to get a clarification that you can hang your hat on.

I reached out to both Jim and FP with one last request for something official and I received no reply. I think it is time for anyone with a concern to do what they have to do.
While I applaud your efforts, I don’t think Jim or Ford Performance has any “legal” say in creating a document to revise what is found in the Ford Mustang Owner’s manual, Warranty statements or any other online PDF of the same.

Yes he did converse with you, but he nor FP can legally change what has already been drafted and put into publication by Ford Corporate’s Legal Team.

Ford Corporate and the Legal Team are the machine - Jim and FP are just other cogs in the wheel.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
While I applaud your efforts, I don’t think Jim or Ford Performance has any “legal” say in creating a document to revise what is found in the Ford Mustang Owner’s manual, Warranty statements or any other online PDF of the same.

Yes he did converse with you, but he nor FP can legally change what has already been drafted and put into publication by Ford Corporate’s Legal Team.

Ford Corporate and the Legal Team are the machine - Jim and FP are just other cogs in the wheel.
Well, Jim is the guy who sat down with the team to write what was written.

It is my opinion people shouldn't stand for this. Anyone with an interest should call the Ford customer service line and express their concern and make your thoughts known.

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible

Well, Jim is the guy who sat down with the team to write what was written.

It is my opinion people shouldn't stand for this. Anyone with an interest should call the Ford customer service line and express their concern and make your thoughts known.
Fact of the matter is you are both right. You’ll likely NEVER see anything in writing from Jim or from Ford Performance because it would need to be approved by Ford Legal and that ain’t happening. I’ve been involved in similar issues relative to remanufactured transmissions back in the ‘90s. Things we wanted to do for customers just outside the warranty window were typically shot down by GM Legal whenever we asked. So we stopped asking :wink::lipssealed:. And NOTHING was done in writing. Even when they found out about it they were like “at least it‘s not documented.”

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
So they offer a track event, but don't cover the vehicle under warranty if it kicks the bucket during an event? hahahahaaaaa

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
So they offer a track event, but don't cover the vehicle under warranty if it kicks the bucket during an event? hahahahaaaaa
Coverage as it is written is at the discretion of Ford. They tell you verbally dont worry about it if the car is not modified or abused or damaged.

They verbally will say materials and workmanship is covered for the car as built a d delivered.

Sponsored

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
So here's food for thought: Maybe FP is discussing with Ford the need for a more aggressive warranty coverage for the Racing Exclusions. And possibly Ford is reviewing the loss per vehicle should they offer a better warranty. The loss factor is then put back into the selling price of the vehicle. Which in turn sure they step up a more aggressive warranty program to cover the losses at a higher MSRP. Ford probably would like to see if they can factor this number into future sales to compensate to existing owners. What the costs would be I have no idea meaning is the car an additional 1k,5k more or 10k more. If I was the person in charge and hearing this concern I would definitely address it and reach out to see what the marketing team and others felt was appropriate. And or have purchasers sign an agreement acknowledging the existing warranty is what it is and have a clear and up front understanding prior to purchase. Also Ford could take the position they just sell these cars to select few and take away the liability exposure since its not a huge profitable division. I am for being treated fairly as Tom here feels is an issue but at the same time your going up against a Monster and once you get a few involved the Bean counters always show up. And oh yeh Merry Christmas everyone:)

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
Coverage as it is written is at the discretion of Ford. They tell you verbally dont worry about it if the car is not modified or abused or damaged.

They verbally will say materials and workmanship is covered for the car as built a d delivered.
Verbal representations mean nothing... and they know it..... and we all know it
What I find pretty distasteful is Jim Owens not being honest about the whole situation

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Verbal representations mean nothing... and they know it..... and we all know it
What I find pretty distasteful is Jim Owens not being honest about the whole situation
I agree with the sentiment, but he took the time to talk to me about it. The warranty is as it was written, not as was discussed.

ZRacerLE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2 & ZLE A10
I have been tracking my 17 gtpp heavily for the past 3 years with only damage being an exploded ( and warranted) clutch but a friend of mine is on his third engines ( all warranted) on same car than me and another friend lost his engine, 2019 350R about. 2 months ago. Got a brand new 1 under warranty
There not a single Gen2 5.0 long block in Ford inventory...... for whatever reason
I see a lot of s550 at various track events
Very cool

MikeR397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford GT350R & Raptor; Ferrari 360, Aston Martin Vantage, Porsche Cayenne GTS, Jaguar XFR
Wow, just read this entire thread. Here is my experience; my 2017 gt350R transmission failed at 9600 miles, and the clutch went out with it. Ford covered the trans but refused to cover the clutch, even though it was not worn, and instead failed...

I track with a guy that helped design the gt350 and he opened a “friends and family” case for me. My rep eventually came back and told me that if I push for a field engineer to come out to look at the clutch, Ford could deny coverage on the $10k trans, and i get no appeal, if it’s determined I subjected my car to “track use or other abuse.” I ended up paying for the clutch out of pocket and am disgusted with how I’ve been treated. I have filed a magnison act case against Ford (Lots of other issues, 5+ months in the shop) and certainly will not be getting a GT500. I love my R and Raptor, but Ford has treated me like crap. I don’t want to hear how my track car with a track settings owner manual section and they invited me to Utah to learn to use it on track voids my (and anyone I sell it to) warranty. I will keep my R while my 8 year warranty is effective, but just put a deposit on a 2022 C8 Z06.

here is my sob story for anyone interested:https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ays-not-warranty-for-clutch-in-pieces.148866/
Sponsored