Sponsored

Nissan's "new" Z/Z400

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I enjoyed the Nissan Z Superbowl commercial.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Yellow doesn't do it for me. Smooth shape like that needs silver.

Mustang can take any color and look good.

Commercial did not have any impact on me at all besides fatigue from cookie cutter holly wood action movies with over done computer graphics.....they all remind me of the injected girls I see at the gym haha.
I think that was PART of the point was to give it an "awesome' 80/90's feel as that's mostly the cars that its harking back to and what most the potential buyers will remember more than the 70's version. Poorly done though, yes.

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
I think that was PART of the point was to give it an "awesome' 80/90's feel as that's mostly the cars that its harking back to and what most the potential buyers will remember more than the 70's version. Poorly done though, yes.
Id say it worked well, as were all here talking about it.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Yellow doesn't do it for me. Smooth shape like that needs silver.

Mustang can take any color and look good.

Commercial did not have any impact on me at all besides fatigue from cookie cutter holly wood action movies with over done computer graphics.....they all remind me of the injected girls I see at the gym haha.
I hate silver - so bland, but yeah I agree that yellow isn't the greatest color. There aren't that many people who buy yellow cars. I think inside the commercial the color was just intended to be loud, and yellow is far better than red for that purpose with this car IMO.

I thought the commercial was really good at capturing what a fun car can do for you. He gets in, flubs the first shift getting used to the car. Then he does crazy stuff and gets all cocky and arrogant. At the end he wakes up and realizes he really isn't that cool. It was just the feeling he got from the car.

Sponsored

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
...looks like an s550 Mustang to me........................ :sunglasses:

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
So many things they could have done much better with the body. That door handle makes me gag. The front grill is just ridiculous. The seating though is encouraging
I like it overall, but the front end looks bad IMO. I thought I read on the Nissan forum a few weeks ago that they tweaked the front end a bit and added a bar across it which looked much better?

2016S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Most videos state that it looks much nicer in person. The issue is that the release is coming at a time that could not be more problematic for consumers. Supply chain issues are making routine repairs impossible for consumers. ADM’s are turning many prospective buyers off. Its not going to get better anytime soon.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Nissan=Renault. No bueno.

Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I like it overall, but the front end looks bad IMO. I thought I read on the Nissan forum a few weeks ago that they tweaked the front end a bit and added a bar across it which looked much better?
I think thats the special edition that's getting that front end.

Doolin64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
19 Mustang GT convertible
I love this car from the rear 3/4 view and from the rear. The front end seems understyled. I was big on this car at first, but as I learned more about it being built on the old platform and really only a reskin with new interior, I lost interest. So far I like this car in the dark grey best. I'm not a fan of yellow in any car to be honest. That's just my own personal taste.

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
I agree Doolin. It doesn't look like a lot of good colors to chose from at release either. There were rumors of a burgundy and an orange that looked good, but I don't see them as options yet. I guess the passion red and blue don't look bad though.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I think they’re leaving the front bland intentionally. Could be in order to show contrast to planned performance parts/packages or options.