Sponsored

Nissan's "new" Z/Z400

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
[QU

the EB2.3 Mustang makes a fine track car...
OK.

Would have been nice to see it launched w/o a “pandemic”. The ADM’s will be ridiculous and unattainable with demand and idiots paying whatever the price asked is. The forum is full of people making deposits and not knowing what the price will be regarding markups. I really like the style and thought about waiting for it but the conditions in the market made that unrealistic.
I felt that way about the GT350, but in the end it would have been better if I had waited. By 2019 you could find them new for under MSRP.
Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Lol, the Q chassis is based off the Z too. It's a Z with a different engine. It's literally the same chassis code from the 370, the end .

It's lazy and dated, I'll just go buy a supra instead. Sure, it's a BMW but at least it's not a 20 year old chassis. And that's not even taking into account how much better the B58 is over the VR30DDTT.
I'm well aware its the same platform. That was my POINT. Clearly being subtle doesn't work. Again, the reason I said Q60 is because it's also a V30 powered coupe.

I'm not buy a Supra simply BECAUSE its a BMW. Please, name how the B58 is a better engine. Because I have 0 faith in BMW durability or reliability.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Not sure all I know is the coupe, mid size sedan and convertible are, or were MB, shared for long time.

I saw a brand collaboration chart a few years ago and it was incredible....everything is the same only tuned and looks different haha
Are you thinking about the QX30? that's based on MB. The FM platform's been around since 2001. All the post 2001 Z/G/Q/Skylines are based on it. Including some SUV's. There was rumor the new Z would have a new Benz shared platform, but it doesn't. The FM was never shared with Benz. Nor can I find any documentation otherwise.

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
Buy a Supra? Well, to each their own, but I cannot get past that styling. I really don’t care how great a car performs if I don’t like the looks. For that reason I don’t like the CTR, the new 4 series coupe grill, the current Supra.

I do understand styling is very subjective.

On the other hand the new Z and BRZ are on my list if, heaven forbid, I total my Mustang. I like their appearance.

To me the S550 has a timeless look. Everyone knows it’s a Mustang.

Sponsored

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Why does this resurrected thread have "new" in the title? The new Z is... new... just as much so as the S650 Mustang, which is more ""new"".... (modified S550 platform) or the SN95 "new" platform which was a modified foxbody.

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Buy a Supra? Well, to each their own, but I cannot get past that styling. I really don’t care how great a car performs if I don’t like the looks. For that reason I don’t like the CTR, the new 4 series coupe grill, the current Supra.

I do understand styling is very subjective.

On the other hand the new Z and BRZ are on my list if, heaven forbid, I total my Mustang. I like their appearance.

To me the S550 has a timeless look. Everyone knows it’s a Mustang.
I sat in a new 2022 GR86 (BRZ) last week for the first time and I was disappointed at the size. It's about 10% too small inside. Just enough too small that I wouldn't want to own/drive it. Also, the Z isn't competing with that car. The BRZ/86 are $31,000 well-equipped. The Z will be higher and probably once optioned will be directly competing with the Toyota SUPRA, not the 86/BRZ.

Mr. Bojangles

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor, 2019 Shelby GT350
Take it for what it is worth... I came from a 2017 Q60 Red Sport before moving up to 2019 GT350. The Q60 dyno'd at 377whp and 382wtq stock before I even installed Fast Intentions lower downpipes and full exhaust.

Now, the VR30DDTT is SUPER torquey at low rpms up to about 5k, then it falls off pretty quickly. This is due to it having super small turbos that spool up very very quickly. (To those earlier mentioning those getting 600hp with tune etc, bigger turbos are needed for that number or you will have a bad time). Next, the engine sounds average at best (in cabin and outside) even with the full exhaust.

Those are my two cents.

116767425_10106646767187401_5053136796104374575_n.jpg

IMG_8008.jpg

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
I sat in a new 2022 GR86 (BRZ) last week for the first time and I was disappointed at the size. It's about 10% too small inside. Just enough too small that I wouldn't want to own/drive it. Also, the Z isn't competing with that car. The BRZ/86 are $31,000 well-equipped. The Z will be higher and probably once optioned will be directly competing with the Toyota SUPRA, not the 86/BRZ.
I think we're two ships sailing past each other in the dark. I am talking about how the cars look. You are talking about the cars too small and which cars are competing with one another.

That may be important to you. That is fine. You do you. But the size of the car and who it competes with is irrelevant to me. Number one in my book is looks and the S550 is perfect for me.

Sponsored

2JZ LOL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mason
Vehicle(s)
2021 MKV Supra
Please, name how the B58 is a better engine. Because I have 0 faith in BMW durability or reliability.
Forged internals like M series BMW except for pistons. Closed block. 6 ports for easy higher boost. Efficiency of straight 6 vs v6.

Lots of reasons b58 is superior.

We won’t even mention suspension, weight, diff, cooling, and tires. All of which leave the Supra ahead of the 400z

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Forged internals like M series BMW except for pistons. Closed block. 6 ports for easy higher boost. Efficiency of straight 6 vs v6.

Lots of reasons b58 is superior.

We won’t even mention suspension, weight, diff, cooling, and tires. All of which leave the Supra ahead of the 400z
1 key reason to not trust it: Made by BMW

You could tell me God himself made it. I'll have 0 faith in its quality, durability or repairability.

Also, I'll never own the Supra for a 2nd reason. No manual. That key reason alone the Z will be a VASTLY more fun drive to me than the Supra.

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
3536 w/manual 3602 w/auto
Not exactly a featherweight, haha. People underestimate things. A 1970 Nova SS 350 weighs less than a 2022 Toyota Corolla.
Sponsored