Sponsored

Nissan's "new" Z/Z400

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
I also heard that Jenny McCarthy has been trying to call me back for the past 20 years…but just like the Z car, we shall hafta wait and see 😂
Just what I heard from the AZ shop that makes the manual swap for the Q60. I didn't make it up. We shall see.
Sponsored

Pkvir

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium-PP1
The deal-breaker for me is the lack of two extra seats and the fact that it's not an American V8, but I can see why some would be interested.
You actually use the back seats in your mustang? For people? I consider mine a 2 seater.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Just what I heard from the AZ shop that makes the manual swap for the Q60. I didn't make it up. We shall see.
You do not have to wait. Just click the link I posted.

Set for the 2023 model year, Nissan’s upcoming Z car brings a ton to the table for enthusiasts. Under the succinctly named 2023 Nissan Z’s hood is a 3.0-liter turbocharged V6 that makes 400 hp and 350 lb-ft of torque. If you’re curious about this turbocharged engine, it isn’t exactly new. This VR30DDTT has been in Nissan’s lineup since 2016 under the hoods of the Infiniti Q50 and Q60.

That power travels through either a six-speed manual transmission or a nine-speed automatic before hitting the rear wheels. Manual transmission cars are equipped with an Exedy high-performance clutch; automatic-equipped cars come standard with paddle shifters.

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
Yeah, I'm second guessing putting that 1k deposit down on the 1320 now. The main thing that I couldn't get over was the front end, but it actually doesn't look that bad in the production pics for some reason. Still not nearly as good looking as the Challenger though. Also the estimated 40k price will be closer to low 50k range if you get the two option packages. They won't be available until next Spring either so I guess that will give me time to decide if I like my Scat and with over 20k in trade equity, I shouldn't be in that bad of a situation if I decide to trade it in.

OP
OP
shogun32

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

coz0502

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
You actually use the back seats in your mustang? For people? I consider mine a 2 seater.
I consider mine a 3 seater. If I'm driving with 2 people, I don't really care if both passenger side people are uncomfortable. I should note, I rarely drive when there are more than 2 of us going somewhere.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The more I carefully study pics, the more I like the design. Simple and subtle. Looking at dimensions, it's about the size/weight the Mustang should be. Can't wait to see one in the flesh, and this might be a surprise new addition to the Next Fun Car list.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I'll have to see one in person, but I'm pretty sure I like the new Z better than the Supra. The Supra looks better in person than it does in pics, but I'm sure the Z will, too.

The Z is a cleaner design and doesn't have fake vents all around like the Supra. The engines are probably similarly powerful, given BMW engines are usually underrated. Plus, the Z is actually a Nissan, and not a BMW (BMW recently issued a recall for the Supra, which is laughable), and comes with a manual, which is cool.

That said, while the new Z is riding on the same platform as the 370Z, Nissan did modify the front/rear suspension geometry, at least. I do wish they did more to distinguish it from the 370Z by changing some of the hard points a bit. The roofline, while very nice looking, is identically shaped to the 370Z, right down to the corner where the a-pillar joins the roof; at least they added the Katana blade finish work which looks cool. Same thoughts on the interior hard points - wish they had more an effort to switch that up a little compared to the 370Z (vent locations, door handle locations, etc.).

On the whole, though, I like it quite a bit.

OP
OP
shogun32

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Can't wait to see one in the flesh, and this might be a surprise new addition to the Next Fun Car list.
We'll see if I can stand that rear-end. The 300ZX was the fugliest car ever. Why any designer wanted to carry over any of that abomination is beyond me.

I'm glad Toyota is so stupid as to not offer a manual in the bastard Celica. The Nissan will have a fighting chance. I don't care if it's a Ferrari, no manual, I'm not buying.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
We'll see if I can stand that rear-end. The 300ZX was the fugliest car ever. Why any designer wanted to carry over any of that abomination is beyond me.

I'm glad Toyota is so stupid as to not offer a manual in the bastard Celica. The Nissan will have a fighting chance. I don't care if it's a Ferrari, no manual, I'm not buying.
Not bad.
1629387472485.jpeg

Stranger706

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT w/Roush SC
400 hp. Anybody know the weight?

At least they didn’t phone it in like Toyota.

6 speed will be fun with that engine.

Looks halfway decent. I grew up in the 80s/90s so it looks very familiar to me.

Price is good too. If they keep the weight in check I could see it giving the 6 speed GT a run for it’s money.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
I've heard that engine makes 390hp/440tq stock, before any tuning. This car looks great and will be a beast!
Only with a light tune. It's closer to 370/390 bone stock, least in the AWD Q50/60 variants. If the new Z is as light as the old one, and the new tranny's are better its' going to be a nice GT/Supra competitor. Solid tunes have them about 410whp/450+tq. The turbos are the biggest limiter on them.

My last car was a 2018 Q50 Red Sport.

Last edited:

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels