Sponsored

Nissan's "new" Z/Z400

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Which is odd, because I feel like it was more along the lines of a Challenger-sized car? The back seat is fully functional for adults in the GTO!
the Challenger is about 8in longer, but when standing next to the GTO it FEELS much smaller than that. Its actually about 1in different from the 2018+ Mustang. I think its just about how its rounded and proportioned. It looks like it should be a go-cart. It also funny that it go SO much hate for being over 3700lbs, when you look at weights today.
Sponsored

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Which is odd, because I feel like it was more along the lines of a Challenger-sized car? The back seat is fully functional for adults in the GTO!
ihe Challenger is about 8in longer, but when standing next to the GTO it FEELS much smaller than that. Its actually about 1in different from the 2018+ Mustang. I think its just about how its rounded.

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
I literally paid 3.99 for reg last night in PA.
Yeah, prices in my area jumped about $0.40 today. I paid 4.09 for midgrade and never paid that much for premium yet. I drove around to a few gas stations and they were all more than where I stopped and more than my cars app was saying.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Yeah, prices in my area jumped about $0.40 today. I paid 4.09 for midgrade and never paid that much for premium yet. I drove around to a few gas stations and they were all more than where I stopped and more than my cars app was saying.
in about a day 91 went from 4.31 to 4.52 for me.

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
It always takes the merest hint of price increases to see a increase at the pump. It takes weeks afterwards for it to go down again even if the station owners are refilling at much lower rates already.

Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
Just paid 5.49 for 91 here in Los Angeles.

OP
OP
shogun32

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
It always takes the merest hint of price increases to see a increase at the pump.
because they have to price in today what it will cost next week to get delivery. gas station operators are generally not buying gasoline futures to smooth out their cost basis. So it's a rolling price a mere 3 or so weeks ahead and pricing is set by the fuel distributor and/or the tank farm which is reacting to refinery/pipeline operator pricing.

Costco (BJ, SAMs, Walmart) by contrast do have national footprint and coordinate their purchases on the futures markets and in huge size so their outlook is more like 4-6 months out.

Last edited:

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
OP
OP
shogun32

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Just paid 5.49 for 91 here in Los Angeles.
Japan and Euro say 'welcome to the party, pal'. I (well dad) paid $4+/gallon in Japan back in 1975+. And back then the dollar was actually worth something.

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Japan and Euro say 'welcome to the party, pal'. I (well dad) paid $4+/gallon in Japan back in 1975+. And back then the dollar was actually worth something.
The entirety of the nation Japan is smaller than my state and most of their population lives in the large cities and doesn't drive very far..... You just cannot compare. Average commute in the Houston metro area is nearly 20 miles each way.... That's just to go to work.

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
the Challenger is about 8in longer, but when standing next to the GTO it FEELS much smaller than that. Its actually about 1in different from the 2018+ Mustang. I think its just about how its rounded and proportioned. It looks like it should be a go-cart. It also funny that it go SO much hate for being over 3700lbs, when you look at weights today.
I always thought the GTO was cavalier sized.

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
I always thought the GTO was cavalier sized.
No. Much bigger.... It's a mid-size car, and true 4 adult passenger car.... much bigger inside than a Camaro or Mustang.

OP
OP
shogun32

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The entirety of the nation Japan is smaller than my state and most of their population lives in the large cities and doesn't drive very far.
it fits comfortably inside california.
https://mapfight.xyz/map/jp/

you are also correct that average annual mileage is about 1/2 that of US. But we're talking about cost per mile. At least Houston has a train. Use it more. :)

ZeroTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ZERO
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
it fits comfortably inside california.
https://mapfight.xyz/map/jp/

you are also correct that average annual mileage is about 1/2 that of US. But we're talking about cost per mile. At least Houston has a train. Use it more. :)
That train doesn't go anywhere..... and Houston's overall public transit system is complete hot garbage. Furthermore, a lot of people who work in Houston live FAR outside of the city limits. Houston's population is only like 2.5 million, but we're at 7 million for the metro area.

theruleslawyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
MB C350
because they have to price in today what it will cost next week to get delivery. gas station operators are generally not buying gasoline futures to smooth out their cost basis. So it's a rolling price a mere 3 or so weeks ahead and pricing is set by the fuel distributor and/or the tank farm which is reacting to refinery/pipeline operator pricing.

Costco (BJ, SAMs, Walmart) by contrast do have national footprint and coordinate their purchases on the futures markets and in huge size so their outlook is more like 4-6 months out.
Right, but they don’t float with price. They have quite a bit of stickiness at whatever the high water mark is. Point being that prices stay inflated at the pump far longer than oil prices would suggest.
Sponsored