Sponsored

ngauge out of business??

Taneras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Auto 3.55 GT
E-motion closed their doors at the end of the year, apparently due to the effects of covid and their ability to obtain components. Jim Ferarro, the main US distributor has stated that the gauge will remain supported. In fact, I was able to get an unlock code from Jim just last week. It is rumored that HPTuners is working on a replacement device that may be in the form of the current RTD with a bluetooth connection to your phone.
What does "unlocking" the device do?
Sponsored

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I thought the latest FW version was 326. That’s what I’m running in my nGauge and I’ve had it for about 5 months.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
The nGauges were discontinued but lund has a new HP RTD device.

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt

Sponsored

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
They’re awfully proud of that RTD vs the price of the Ngauge.

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
is that really that latest firmware? On lunds website they are on 326
That is the latest cache of the website at least, but you're right, considering they went out of business the end of the year I guess they got a few more versions out. Not sure if Lund is doing any type of firmware updating or not.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
The last 2 posts above were along the same lines or questions I had regarding the unit and firmware/software.

I see vendors across forums pushing the sales of the hardware knowing the Co went out of business. If one buys an nGauge now and the Co is defunct, then how much longer would the nGauge hardware even be supported from a firmware/software perspective before it’s totally obsolete?

Is another Co acquiring nGauge to continue product support? Did I miss that thread?

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
The last 2 posts above were along the same lines or questions I had regarding the unit and firmware/software.

I see vendors across forums pushing the sales of the hardware knowing the Co went out of business. If one buys an nGauge now and the Co is defunct, then how much longer would the nGauge hardware even be supported from a firmware/software perspective before it’s totally obsolete?

Is another Co acquiring nGauge to continue product support? Did I miss that thread?
Recent evidence from Lund indicates that e-motion may have gone out of business for reasons other than initially indicated. Based on that, it would be highly unlikely that anyone would acquire them. The device should continue to function properly on currently supported vehicles for the foreseeable future, but no new vehicle support will be added.
Sponsored