Sponsored

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
According to Lund, they can just send a stock tune for another device they sell. They also expect someone to come out with something of a smaller form factor, due to the popularity of the nGauge. I'm just gonna rock it and not worry about it for now.
I like the idea of the RTD with Bluetooth logging to my phone....

Don't stock tunes have different strategies? Wouldn't it have to be YOUR stock tune? They don't even have mine as they started from the Edelbrock tune on my car ( thru SCT BDX
They haven't shipped anything as yet, so I still have a choice.

Lund (and other tuners) are in a dilemma of sorts. They can sell an nGauge, but the company backing it is no longer around, so no unlocking possible.
I think they are doing the right thing by asking me first.
How about stop locking it to begin with?

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
My stock tune is on the memory card, you would figure Lund would have a way to access it, who knows though...

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Looking at the Steeda deal. Any input on SCT X4 vs BDX?

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
We still have Lund Racing Ngauges in stock.
It’s not so much about getting the nGauge, it’s about after sale issues / warranty / getting stock tune back.
I love my nGauge. It fits my dash board perfectly as well. My fear is if it craps out and how do I recover the stock tune if I ever needed it. Also how to convert my Lund tunes onto a new device. I’m just hoping someone comes out with a do-it-all only better round gauge like the nGauge the will fit my dash and be able to do everything the nGauge does - except allow for better fueling PIDs - injector duty cycle, fuel pressure, boost etc and that comes with a better touch screen lol.
Am I asking too much?

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
It’s not so much about getting the nGauge, it’s about after sale issues / warranty / getting stock tune back.
I love my nGauge. It fits my dash board perfectly as well. My fear is if it craps out and how do I recover the stock tune if I ever needed it. Also how to convert my Lund tunes onto a new device. I’m just hoping someone comes out with a do-it-all only better round gauge like the nGauge the will fit my dash and be able to do everything the nGauge does - except allow for better fueling PIDs - injector duty cycle, fuel pressure, boost etc and that comes with a better touch screen lol.
Am I asking too much?
I agree! It would also be nice if whomever designs such a new gauge would make it compatible with the same data cable that the nGauge uses Because I don’t want to take my dash apart again to remove the nGauge cabling and have to run new cabling. The more time dashes come apart, the looser they fit when put back together IMO. Maybe the venders who are on here that are designing something new, or, are in communications with potential designers, will consider or relay some of what is being discussed on this subject.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Absolutely!
Great pick up on the cable part!!! I completely agree. Plug and play would be perfect!!

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
They haven't shipped anything as yet, so I still have a choice.

Lund (and other tuners) are in a dilemma of sorts. They can sell an nGauge, but the company backing it is no longer around, so no unlocking possible.
I think they are doing the right thing by asking me first.
The interesting thing is that I have had a device unlocked since e-motion closed, but I also requested another device to be unlocked on Monday and nothing so far. Lund had a little different deal going on, so their situation may or may not apply to other tuners.

Sponsored

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
Found this re the nGauge on Palm Beach Dyno's FB page yesterday, below quote is from Ken Bjonnes:

Don't Sweat It! We purchased as many leftover nGauge parts as we could and plan to support the device for quite some time. We have a large stock of spare boards, screens, cables and mounting cups. We also plan on buying damaged nGauges soon! If you need a damaged nGauge repaired, please call 561.571.1173 or email [email protected]

Someone asked Ken "Does it matter if you have a HP Tuners or Lund Racing Ngauge?"

So far he hasn't answered, but this may be my route (switching over to PBD) if Lund Racing doesn't step up with this type of support for their users.

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
I agree! It would also be nice if whomever designs such a new gauge would make it compatible with the same data cable that the nGauge uses Because I don’t want to take my dash apart again to remove the nGauge cabling and have to run new cabling. The more time dashes come apart, the looser they fit when put back together IMO. Maybe the venders who are on here that are designing something new, or, are in communications with potential designers, will consider or relay some of what is being discussed on this subject.
It would be nice if you encrypted the tune but don't lock the damn device...

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The coyote has been around long enough all the tuners are doing the same changes. Why even encrypt them?

stanger1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT500-Sold, 2017 Roush RS3
All I know is that after having the N Gauge, I could never go back to the SCT X again.
I had the SCTX before the N gauge and the N Gauge is it.
So much easier to data log, have the display for 6 PID's. Just a far more advanced tuning device.
Sponsored