ngauge out of business??

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
E-motion closed their doors at the end of the year, apparently due to the effects of covid and their ability to obtain components. Jim Ferarro, the main US distributor has stated that the gauge will remain supported. In fact, I was able to get an unlock code from Jim just last week. It is rumored that HPTuners is working on a replacement device that may be in the form of the current RTD with a bluetooth connection to your phone.
Sounds great, looking forward to updates.
Sponsored

battleship

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150
Yeah. I have the files saved. Wonder if a reader in the future will be able to deal with a file you already have? I have to think PBD and Lund are looking at this. Or I may just buy another model if someone comes out with something similar.
I'm local to PDB and was speaking to Rob last week, PBD is currently working on their own device.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
This stinks!

Feel bad for all those at e-motion. In my dealing for repairs they were all pretty good people.

Sponsored

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
E-motion closed their doors at the end of the year, apparently due to the effects of covid and their ability to obtain components. Jim Ferarro, the main US distributor has stated that the gauge will remain supported. In fact, I was able to get an unlock code from Jim just last week. It is rumored that HPTuners is working on a replacement device that may be in the form of the current RTD with a bluetooth connection to your phone.
This would be ideal, hope it comes to fruition.

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
I was going to buy a spare, well actually change tuners...BUT...their website is DOWN and no one is answering emails on an unlock.

I seen in the past where people would have a problem and be directed to e-motion, how would there ever be support if THEY aren't im business, have no website and no emails are answered....

I see it less of buy one now or get a spare, than you have a discontinued worthless product with no means of support...there needs to be more official on this...

Also if Lund or PBD DO release their own devices then it's also obselete...
I can tell you my MPVI2 can already sync with VCM scanner via cable or Bluetooth to my phone via track addict so a logging solution not requiring a laptop is there....its just how can they get it encrypted for the tuner, as mentioned the RTD with an interface to phone would be perfect.....

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I’m just disappointed. I love my nGauge and the abilities it has. I have it mounted in my vent and use it to monitor a bunch of things. I also find that flashing tunes is easy and very quick. It sucks they are a victim of COVID. I figured they would be making a ton of these throughout this though as there’s a lot of people modifying their vehicles still. I understand the supply / demand aspect though.

I know there are other tuning mediums out there, but my thought of having the nGauge to monitor AND tune was best option.

I agree though, without support - not sure how that will work - it’s disappointing.

Are there any similar gauges out there? I’m waiting to see what PBD and Lund will come up with if they do produce something.

Love my nGauge... this stinks!

Stang55

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Qays
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang 5.0 Premium
Won't be long until someone puts a similar product back on the market. I mean common guys somebody figure it out its a gauge, its round, its a tuner... if there aren't any patents, somebody get on it and benefit the community.

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
I’m just disappointed. I love my nGauge and the abilities it has. I have it mounted in my vent and use it to monitor a bunch of things. I also find that flashing tunes is easy and very quick. It sucks they are a victim of COVID. I figured they would be making a ton of these throughout this though as there’s a lot of people modifying their vehicles still. I understand the supply / demand aspect though.

I know there are other tuning mediums out there, but my thought of having the nGauge to monitor AND tune was best option.

I agree though, without support - not sure how that will work - it’s disappointing.

Are there any similar gauges out there? I’m waiting to see what PBD and Lund will come up with if they do produce something.

Love my nGauge... this stinks!
Me too, I do like just having my MPVI2 in and Bluetooth to phone but your absolutely right its a shame, I easily just did either a Lund log or one of my own gauge layout logs 99% of time I go WOT....I have a cable from it to my phone pulls the logs into a g drive account via file manager on phone and its on the laptop when I hit the house....same with tunes.....

HPtuners had really stepped up the game I like the Bluetooth nature of it...direct to phone real time and can be included with video.....I wish it was easier for them to lock their tune via the mpvi2....

Also I got my BDX from the kit, I hate it but PBD won't tune on it anyway...haven't found anyone 18up boosted that will remote tune on it yet....

It sucks hard, but I think its also misleaded to not shut down sales when there can be no support?

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Also I got my BDX from the kit, I hate it but PBD won't tune on it anyway...haven't found anyone 18up boosted that will remote tune on it yet....
Shaun at AED tunes on the BDX. For 18+ FI he does have e85 or race gas requirements though but as long as that's not an issue that's an option.

BlueCollarDaily

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 400a
Shaun at AED tunes on the BDX. For 18+ FI he does have e85 or race gas requirements though but as long as that's not an issue that's an option.
I'm currently 93 with LTH BUT I've slowed the blower down as slow as it will turn ( literally had to mill the pulley flanges to barely get a belt off with pulley on haha, 10psi...its been alive 8500 miles in this configuration and just got a good Blackstone analysis, maybe he would factor that in....

My wife has a stroke so its kinda sitting may be able to wait out what they do.....

Am I the only one ( or perhaps simply misreading the situation) that thinks its shitty to continue to sell an item that's been discontinued and WILL have no means of support or firmware?
I buy one and say a line goes thru my screen which I've seen before...ect...or even hardware issues...I cant get a response from them and their domains are down..I was going to buy a used one and go PBD till it gets sorted but the whole thing leaves a sour taste now......

Its winter I got time to see how it shakes out, bet we won't get much info till the tuners sell out their remaining stock...I think Lund is shorter on their inventory than PBD....but I like their Payment structure ( buying track days ect)

Sucks for all of us, I was skeptical but at the used price I got mine its well worth it....

Mantis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
What about the sct gtx as a replacement? I used to run the sct livewire ts and loved the interface and capability of it. Looks like the gtx is just a newer version. Not as sleek as a round gauge but seems to have all the same capability for about the same price and from a company that likely will not go out of business.

Magony15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP Base/Prem, 2009 Ram 1500
Getting ready to send my GTX back for repairs now. The very first time I try to use it to do a crank relearn and it doesn’t do anything. Not even sure if it works for tuning. Probably take forever to get it back.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
The SCT vs nGauge. Slower to load tunes and doesn’t “fit” my mounting in the dash the way I have it now. Not sure how work since I’m tuned by Lund on the nGauge if something goes amiss. I like having the gauge mounted in the vent.

Let’s hope there’s a “replacement” of that times comes... for me anyways. YMMV.
Sponsored