Sponsored

NGauge not connecting to the PC

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
I have posted this in the main technical tuning forum, but I thought I might try here in case we have any UK Ngauge gurus !

As I am sorting all this on Weds I went to down load the tune via the mini USB directly to the ngauge. Went to diagnostic screen and pressed USB. / SD however on three different computers is said that the device attached by the USB had malfunctioned (there was a green exclamation mark in the top right of the ngauge screen)and it was not recognised. I then used SD card adaptor, put that in and it worked perfectly and loaded. However this doesn't seem right, I want to put the ngauge in a centre vent so need the USB element to work nor do I want to do the CAI then realise the ngauge is faulty.

I have raised a service question to Lund, (although the ngauge was bought via lethal performance) but ideally want to avoid waiting X weeks for another one.

Thanks in advance to anyone cleverer than me who can sort it out.
Sponsored

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Im pretty sure you arent supposed to connect it as an external device, although someone else will confirm.

I load all my tunes in via the SD card.

My Gauge is also centre vent mounted... it just 'pushes' in the slot/hole, and I keep a trim-tool in the car to prise it out again in case I need access to the SD card. Takes maybe 10s to do, and is nicer than lugging a PC out to the car IMO.

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
try a different usb lead to start with
I have posted this in the main technical tuning forum, but I thought I might try here in case we have any UK Ngauge gurus !

As I am sorting all this on Weds I went to down load the tune via the mini USB directly to the ngauge. Went to diagnostic screen and pressed USB. / SD however on three different computers is said that the device attached by the USB had malfunctioned (there was a green exclamation mark in the top right of the ngauge screen)and it was not recognised. I then used SD card adaptor, put that in and it worked perfectly and loaded. However this doesn't seem right, I want to put the ngauge in a centre vent so need the USB element to work nor do I want to do the CAI then realise the ngauge is faulty.

I have raised a service question to Lund, (although the ngauge was bought via lethal performance) but ideally want to avoid waiting X weeks for another one.

Thanks in advance to anyone cleverer than me who can sort it out.

OP
OP

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
try a different usb lead to start with

Ian - I hadn't seen this post until after guess what. ....I raided the kids charger / computer cable stash and tried a different USB lead and bingo it worked.

SO although I missed the post thanks for what would have been a saviour.

I wonder why that is the case, most odd.

kapiteinlangzaam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.0 GT Coupe 6MT PP1
Not all USB cables have all the pins connected, or you were using a faulty/damaged cable.

Sponsored

Ian whu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
the amount of usb cables I go through for my phone, they don't seem to last long nowdays

OP
OP

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
oddly i was originally using the cable sent with the Lund, some other old cable did the trick
Sponsored