Next Mods - Spare Tire, Trunk Mat, Cargo Net, Rock Guards

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
Great inputs on the Fleece using the cardboard shipping cutouts. Saturday project - building a road trip package for this summer.

55F6DFEF-C5D2-4861-8F5C-A017308499CC.jpeg

B82587E0-98AD-4080-9026-49F61B819DF5.jpeg
That key kit is SUPER and compact... Can you share information?

I also have Milwaukee tools but don't have that impact. Seems like a plus.
Sponsored

VIPR01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Gremlin
That key kit is SUPER and compact... Can you share information?

I also have Milwaukee tools but don't have that impact. Seems like a plus.
I picked the anvil head 1/2 in impact from Obsessed Garage, now they have a 1/2 mid size friction ring that’s smaller I might swap out with. The coated lug sockets are from Sonic tools. I don’t use the Key function, just set it to position 3 and rip it. Headed back to Tail of the Dragon in a few weeks, hated not having a spare set-up.

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
I picked the anvil head 1/2 in impact from Obsessed Garage, now they have a 1/2 mid size friction ring that’s smaller I might swap out with. The coated lug sockets are from Sonic tools. I don’t use the Key function, just set it to position 3 and rip it. Headed back to Tail of the Dragon in a few weeks, hated not having a spare set-up.
Thanks Buddy. Will give it a look.

VIPR01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71 Gremlin
Question - For those of you who installed the AA spare? I also covered the cardboard cutout with thin felt - my issue is the Jack still moves around quite a bit. Did anyone successfully get the Jack to not rub the wheel or bang around per instructions? My trunk liner didn’t lie completely flat / checked air pressure - tried WD-40 tire is bottomed out - maybe the cardboard/felt is the culprit. But, the real issue is I don’t want the Jack flopping around.....

OP
OP
ChipG

ChipG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chip
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350/'95 F250/'65 Fastback/'96 Cobra Project
Question - For those of you who installed the AA spare? I also covered the cardboard cutout with thin felt - my issue is the Jack still moves around quite a bit. Did anyone successfully get the Jack to not rub the wheel or bang around per instructions? My trunk liner didn’t lie completely flat / checked air pressure - tried WD-40 tire is bottomed out - maybe the cardboard/felt is the culprit. But, the real issue is I don’t want the Jack flopping around.....
Did you cut the cardboard down in diameter? If you covered it as-is and it's under the tire, that would explain it. I trimmed mine down to somewhere between 18" and 19" diameter (I traced around the inside of the rim as a template) so it fit inside the diameter of the wheel. The tire sits directly on the wheel well. With the spare sitting all the way down, the base of the jack has to fit between two spokes and is wedged in pretty good.
Sponsored