LSchicago

Reaction score
Website
www.LEDandSafety.com
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
My mods are in my signature. Ordering NT555RII rear drag radials now but looking for my next mod. Thinking Catted Headers or Converter. Circle D converter for sure, or Stainless Power/Texas Speed headers. Trying to not spend a fortune, so Kooks, etc are out. Probably staying NA for one more year. then might go Procharger D1X.
Advertisement

AZ18yote

Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
My mods are in my signature. Ordering NT555RII rear drag radials now but looking for my next mod. Thinking Catted Headers or Converter. Circle D converter for sure, or Stainless Power/Texas Speed headers. Trying to not spend a fortune, so Kooks, etc are out. Probably staying NA for one more year. then might go Procharger D1X.
Long tubes are a great next mod and go well with e85 for power. Good choice on the rears too.

NastyPumpkin

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Boosted Mustang GT
Agree with the Long Tubes along with a X or H pipe will help and not break the bank.

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Reaction score
Website
www.LEDandSafety.com
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)

sabtaj1

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
I have stainless power non cat and love em. Have active exhaust and was stupid with x pipe. Added magnaflow true x and love it. And now with the whipple I couldn’t ask for a better setup. It’s sounds insane under throttle in track mode and in quite mode it sounds like a hybrid. Lol

Idaho2018GTPremium

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
If you can, take your OEM throttle body and intake manifold off and send it to Bret Barber at Airflow Solutions. They charge $410 for the porting and return shipping, so you have to factor in shipping to AZ in the price as well (cost me about $80 from Idaho). Or you can buy the parts outright from AFS and then sell yours here afterwards. Since you're thinking Procharger the ported IM wouldn't be a waste of money. Combine those upgrades with the long tube headers and a drop in K&N intake and you'd see some really nice overall gains.

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Reaction score
Website
www.LEDandSafety.com
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
If you can, take your OEM throttle body and intake manifold off and send it to Bret Barber at Airflow Solutions. They charge $410 for the porting and return shipping, so you have to factor in shipping to AZ in the price as well (cost me about $80 from Idaho). Or you can buy the parts outright from AFS and then sell yours here afterwards. Since you're thinking Procharger the ported IM wouldn't be a waste of money. Combine those upgrades with the long tube headers and a drop in K&N intake and you'd see some really nice overall gains.
What kind of gains? Might be a winter thing, as my car is garaged all winter.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
What kind of gains? Might be a winter thing, as my car is garaged all winter.
I combined it with a Borla S type catback and the gains were very noticeable. I didn't dyno it, but did test acceleration runs. With K&N intake 63-2605 (K&N's polymer CAI) only, my 20-70 mph time was 3.53 seconds. With the ported TB and IM, and Borla S type catback, my time improved to 3.28 seconds for 20-70 mph. And mid range torque is noticeably improved as well. The Borla S type has some to do with that improved mid range as well, but not all of it.

Jmtoast

Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have stainless power non cat and love em. Have active exhaust and was stupid with x pipe. Added magnaflow true x and love it. And now with the whipple I couldn’t ask for a better setup. It’s sounds insane under throttle in track mode and in quite mode it sounds like a hybrid. Lol
How much was the install of the headers? Magnaflow Tru x?

sabtaj1

Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon

01Romanss

Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible 6 Speed PP1
I combined it with a Borla S type catback and the gains were very noticeable. I didn't dyno it, but did test acceleration runs. With K&N intake 63-2605 (K&N's polymer CAI) only, my 20-70 mph time was 3.53 seconds. With the ported TB and IM, and Borla S type catback, my time improved to 3.28 seconds for 20-70 mph. And mid range torque is noticeably improved as well. The Borla S type has some to do with that improved mid range as well, but not all of it.
Are you running a tune for the ported intake manifold and throttle body? I have a Lund tuned Ngauge. I emailed Lund and they did not recommend installing the IM and TB.

I called Air Flow Solutions and they said Lund did not want to put the R & D into tuning for these changes. The lady I spoke with said PBD and VMP would tune for them. She said I could prob run the ported IM with no problems but didn’t recommend the TB without tuner support.

I’ll call PBD tomorrow and ask some questions.

Thanks.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Are you running a tune for the ported intake manifold and throttle body? I have a Lund tuned Ngauge. I emailed Lund and they did not recommend installing the IM and TB.

I called Air Flow Solutions and they said Lund did not want to put the R & D into tuning for these changes. The lady I spoke with said PBD and VMP would tune for them. She said I could prob run the ported IM with no problems but didn’t recommend the TB without tuner support.

I’ll call PBD tomorrow and ask some questions.

Thanks.
I was on the stock tune with the K&N intake, ported TB and IM, and Borla S type. Ran fine since the TB is the same diameter as stock.

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Reaction score
Website
www.LEDandSafety.com
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
My next mod turned into a few. Added a Procharger P1X stage 2 (14 psi), Mak Hurricane 2 inlet, and a Jackal Jr return fuel system with twin 525 pumps, FIC 1000CC injectors & rails.
196362972_10157662503961580_4007228699735746056_n.jpg

Advertisement

Hyperformance Glass Products (HGP)
Advertisement