Sponsored

Next-Gen Fords for Dummies (Primer on News and Rumors)

OP
OP
Thed

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
AWD.... 300 HP .... Focus??!!... In America?
Hard to believe right? With the Evo soon-to-be-discontinued, someone needs to give the WRX a run for its money. Enter Focus RS.

Also, we'll be seeing the Focus ST Sedan. Finally.
Sponsored

Jamo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 Cobra Coupe
Hard to believe right? With the Evo soon-to-be-discontinued, someone needs to give the WRX a run for its money. Enter Focus RS.

Also, we'll be seeing the Focus ST Sedan. Finally.
I'd like to see a Focus ST Coupe.

williamwally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 gt
AWD.... 300 HP .... Focus??!!... In America?
I saw a focus rs that drove over from the border when I visited south padre texas. What a good looking ripper of a car, sounded great. I have no idea why they havent bothered bringing those here already.

chopsui

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 GT
Awesome writeup Thed. You might add that the Focus RS will be getting the 2.3EB from the Mustang although probably with a slightly more aggressive tune.

I hadn't heard that the ST will come in sedan form. The base model redesign will be at the NY show next week I believe and pictures of it are already out on the net if anyone's curious and hasn't seen it yet. They especially did a good job cleaning up the interior. Can't wait to see what they do with the ST.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Thed

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Awesome writeup Thed. You might add that the Focus RS will be getting the 2.3EB from the Mustang although probably with a slightly more aggressive tune.
It more than likely will, but I don't know if that is true or not as of yet.

I hadn't heard that the ST will come in sedan form. The base model redesign will be at the NY show next week I believe and pictures of it are already out on the net if anyone's curious and hasn't seen it yet. They especially did a good job cleaning up the interior. Can't wait to see what they do with the ST.
I just heard about the sedan news yesterday from one of my peeps a Ford. I know of a few people that wanted one pretty bad, so I guess Ford listened. I just hope that they tune-in the handling a bit more. the Fiesta was a grand slam, the best handling FWD car I've ever driven. The Focus was really good too, but the steering and pedal positioning were atrocious.

Agreed on the interior, it's a whole hell of a lot cleaner.

MikeAZ

DIB Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Coyote + two turbos + DI = EB V8 from what I've heard.
With the 2016 MY CAFE rules there is no way that engine will targeted at high volume models. If it ever ends up in a Mustang, it will be a high priced limited edition and probably include a gas guzzler tax. There won't be anything "Eco" about it unless it is significantly detuned from where the Coyote is now.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Could Coyote shrink in displacement? Seems the Germans are shrinking their big V8s down to between 4 and 4.4 litres..........with twin turbos. That would make an easy 475bhp GT and turn the wick up as high as you like for a low volume monster ;)

MikeAZ

DIB Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Could Coyote shrink in displacement?
Sure, they could easily reduce the stroke to decrease volume. They might also reduce the bore at a greater development cost.

Best possible scenario for those with current generation Coyotes is that the changes are limited to engine internals. Result could be bolt on factory turbos on current spec Coyotes.

Sponsored

DHG1078

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Mustang Bullitt, 1985 Mustang Hatch
Wow..

Still no diesel in f150 or Expedition. Bummer...
Ford's website for the 2015 F-150, in the FAQ section sorta addresses this.

Q
Why not a diesel engine instead of aluminum to achieve better fuel economy?
A
We’re concentrating on cutting weight as the midterm phase of our Blueprint for Sustainability because it has the most dramatic benefit to customers. This is above and beyond the improvements we’re already making to powertrains as the first phase of our Blueprint. Also, our EcoBoost® engine is a better value for customers than some diesels right now. We expect to see many others follow our lead with regard to weight reduction.

What I am getting from this is that diesels will come in the [hopefully] not so distant future. A diesel may also carry a premium price tag over the ecoboost. It may be hard for most people to justify the costs.

OP
OP
Thed

Thed

Future Pre-Runner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Miata Club
Been a while since I've stopped by here.

Don't hate me guys, but I bought a '16 Miata over the S550...

Still updated the info for you guys.