Sponsored

Next gen Camaro supposedly being canceled (all threads merged)

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Too bad, if true. Competition is good.

But not surprising when Gen6 looked too much like Gen5, and didn't address the shortcomings of Gen5 either.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Typical GM

Its not a 'bad' market - they just cant trust those middle mgmt teams to produce anything competitive. It's always like this every year.

They should have been allowed to break apart 10 years ago, rip the bandaid and see what could have come after...

Once they eventually go down they will take everyone with it , bailout or not...

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
Why can't find window glass narrow enough to fit it? I can make fun of the Camaro as I just traded one in for this car. But as noted competition is good and we wouldn't have the monsters we can buy right now without good competition .

Sponsored

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
Frankly I'm not too happy with the direction Mustang is taking either ... but GM knows they have nothing in the pipeline to match the crossover amortization the future Mustang/Explorer gives Ford - plus the growth in size that the market SEEMS to be asking for (look at Challenger sales rise) ... What are they going to do , lower the new 'blazer' and try to make 2 door out of that ? lol

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Iā€™ve seen this from several sources now. What a shame. They focused too much on performance for the 6th gen and it bit them in the ass. Also most people canā€™t tell the difference between a 5th and 6th gen.

Even though we are Mustang fans, if you are happy about this news, you are DUMB and donā€™t understand competition.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
The bad news is, GM is losing their chance to make the Camaro better. The good news is, they won't be able to make it any worse.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
If true, this is really sad news. I know most of you guys probably aren't Camaro fans but during its absence in 2003-2009, going by a Chevy dealership was just hollow and sad. Sure there is more to Chevy than Camaro but like it or not, it has always been good competition for Mustang. If it goes away, it will be doing so as an excellent performance car. Maybe not the best DD (which may help its demise) but certainly an awesome performance car.

Last edited:

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
Well I hope that isnā€™t true. But if it is? I know several guys over there. That told me sales donā€™t matter. And they told me to flip off. When I mentioned sales. And I mentioned that I thought the Camaro was headed down a dark road!
This is actually more hopeful news for the other side.

http://gmauthority.com/blog/2018/08...rolet-camaro-generations-says-the-fbodfather/
Scott was a very reliable source back during the last hiatus. That article was from August of last year, so I guess GM could have changed their mind...who knows.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
It'd be pretty easy to make the Camaro overall superior to the Mustang. Styling has driven most of the problem areas that hamper its sales. People like Al O are the reason.

FastCarFanBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GB GT
What I find odd is that when MA reached out to GM to confirm the rumor the didn't say it was false. If a rumor started that the Mustang was going to be axed in 2023 I'd be really shocked if Ford didn't put that rumor to bed real quick. Maybe i'm clueless and GM staying mum is the best strategy.