Newb Bullitt owner questions :)

Rambosupreme

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rahmbo
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford F-150, 2019 Bullitt, Mazda CX9
Remote start - if I want to use the remote start option, should I leave the car in neutral with handbrake on? Or it’s not even proper to attempt this on a manual

Keeping door, mirrors safe from dings - is there anything I can do to keep the doors, mirrors safe mainly in parking lots from other cars.

Fuel options - the former owner mentioned that he was only putting premium. Should I stick to that or can I go down to mid grade? Gas is cheap in GA..so it’s fine to go premium but just want to check if it’s really necessary.

happy holidays and turkey times..😋

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Chola

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rajarajan
Vehicle(s)
Honda Accord 2005. 2019 Mustang GT PP1 6MT
Remote start - if I want to use the remote start option, should I leave the car in neutral with handbrake on? Or it’s not even proper to attempt this on a manual
I have a '19 GT MT and was told that manual transmissions do not come with remote start. Would surprise me if Bullitt has it but GT MT does not.

jpboats

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I have a bullitt and i don’t believe they were offered in the US with remote start. Park away from everyone, car is a magnet for attention, I use only premium, that said you do not have to but peak performance equals premium

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited

Keeping door, mirrors safe from dings - is there anything I can do to keep the doors, mirrors safe mainly in parking lots from other cars.

Fuel options - the former owner mentioned that he was only putting premium. Should I stick to that or can I go down to mid grade? Gas is cheap in GA..so it’s fine to go premium but just want to check if it’s really necessary.

Thanks in advance
1- Premium fuel, 93, will give the maximum power. Likely 25 rwhp over 87.
2- The Bullitt and all manual transmissions at Ford do NOT have remote start.
Congratulations on your new Bullitt!

Sponsored

AnthonyA1234

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 1992 Mustang GT
Something I discovered recently with my bullitt is that you can actually fold in your mirrors manually

OP
OP
Rambosupreme

Rambosupreme

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rahmbo
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the responses :)

I thought the same about remote start..then I saw this guy’s video on YouTube.
He was going over his manhole Gt and said he said he puts his car in Neutral and uses remote start.

I guess that’s FordPass app also doesn’t have that option.

OP
OP
Rambosupreme

Rambosupreme

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rahmbo
Vehicle(s)
This is correct.

And by the way Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours as well. :turkey:
Thanks my friend. Happy thanksgiving to you and your family.

I am on the hook for pumpkin pie and cheesecake 🧐🦃

Sponsored

GRNMSTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt

Thanks in advance
3 - Fuel: Really great thread here on the topic. The math-based comment convinced me to just use premium and enjoy the hell out of it!

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
No freaking way you'd ever see a modern manual car in the US with remote start. Too much potential liability. That's why they force you to fully depress the clutch pedal first, which automatically eliminates the potential for remote start. If you could mess with the clutch switch, you'd have ignition on all the time with a fob in range, which would be pretty stupid to do. So we're stuck with no remote start.

As a side comment, I don't consider the clutch switch a 'safety' feature, since if you start the engine in 1st gear, and release the clutch with high idle, you could cause a lot of damage anyway, especially if you don't have the parking brake pulled up pretty hard. It should be like most motorcycles, where you can start the engine either in N with no clutch, or in gear with clutch depressed. That way, you could use remote start if car was in N and with parking brake engaged. Maybe in other countries with domestic manufacturers that would be possible, but not with world US cars, like ours, designed with US regulations.

Hockeyfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt Magneride, electronics, pac, Steeda Jack rails, Weather Teck Floor liners, SunTek PPF full front

Thanks in advance
I don’t think the Bullitt has remote start because of the manual transmission. As far as protection I had the bumper , ft fenders, hood, and side view mirrors wrapped. When I go to a parking lot my wife jokingly asks if we are taking a tram to the store because I park far out. I only put 93 octane in her, either Shell or BP Premium. Enjoy the car, I love mine.
Sponsored