New whipple stage 2 , lacks power

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Gt PP1 Stage 2 whipple
I had a stage 2 whipple installed in my 2022 mustang A10 . Picked up from the shop but was not able to test it out due to traffic .Once I got to a safe area to do some pulls it doesn't feel like it has any extra power, in fact it actually feels like it lost a bit of power. It will not even break traction with trac off. It does pop and gurgle a lot more during downshifts and the paddle icons are now permanently on the digital gage display by the gears, before they would only show when using paddle shifter. Any ideas on what the issue is? I talked to the shop which asked me to drop it back off but not sure I want to take it back.
Sponsored

BrokenVet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I can't speak for the power issues, but my paddle icons are also always on. Whipple told me that they are aware of the issue and will fix it with the next update and that it will be soon. This was 4 months ago. When I asked them about it again last month, they said that they are waiting for Ford to release the updated files.

This is on a 2019 with a stage 2 and Whipple tune.

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Jeezus, that’s no good and not what I want to hear while pondering my own FI decision. Who did the work?

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP Whipple Stage 2
I can't speak for the power issues, but my paddle icons are also always on. Whipple told me that they are aware of the issue and will fix it with the next update and that it will be soon. This was 4 months ago. When I asked them about it again last month, they said that they are waiting for Ford to release the updated files.

Wow, that does not do Whipple any good. To pay that kind of money and get a FI which sucks? Good luck and keep us posted..

Sponsored

OP
OP
Wickedluis

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)

Ahh, at least that's one less thing to worry about. I took it my car out again and even tried with advanced trac off, I did some pulls and it will not even break traction with stock tires . Before the whipple I would get sideways at times . Did you also get the dual fan on yours? Mine seems to run constantly.

OP
OP
Wickedluis

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
Did you have the car tuned after the install?????????
I asked the shop to use the whipple tune , so yes or at least that's what the owner said . The only difference that I can tell is more gurgling and popping when its down shifting . I cant even get it to break traction, even with the advanced trac control off. The shop said I would have instant torque but thats not the case .

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
What logging device do you have? I’m assuming no MIL?

I’d bet a beer it’s the mct connector connected to the wrong imrc pigtail. The calibration limits load to 0.75 but does not trigger a code if it senses an error on the mct sensor.

Prodigal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I hope this is an easy fix as many here suggest but damn what sort of shop doesn’t test drive a car after adding a SC to make sure it’s working right?? You would think anyone with any sense woukd notice the difference between a ptoperly functioning supercharged car and one with less power than stock. Wow.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Wickedluis

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)

I’d bet a beer it’s the mct connector connected to the wrong imrc pigtail. The calibration limits load to 0.75 but does not trigger a code if it senses an error on the mct sensor.
I have the whipple tomahawk,

OP
OP
Wickedluis

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)
I hope this is an easy fix as many here suggest but damn what sort of shop doesn’t test drive a car after adding a SC to make sure it’s working right?? You would think anyone with any sense woukd notice the difference between a ptoperly functioning supercharged car and one with less power than stock. Wow.
He said he did,but did not step on it. I also got the Dino log sent through email, less than 400 hp at the wheels. I am hoping this is a mistake.

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
yea, something way wrong. should be 700ish whp.... I dont know much about the whipple tune as I did Lund right away. Shop needs to re check their work. Sounds like the blower is spinning but not making any boost. Maybe the F'd up the lid seals or didnt even use em. I dunno.... Keep us posted

ironsides

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
Ford fiesta
Id think the thing to do is take it back and give them a chance to fix it instead of running them up in the funnys, could be a simple mistake

OP
OP
Wickedluis

Wickedluis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luis Salmon
Vehicle(s)

I took it to the shop this morning and they verified its not making boost . They think the blades are not spinning. I am pretty pissed off since he said he test drove it yesterday and I am pretty sure they knew it wasnt working properly.
Sponsored