New Wheels and Tires 2015 GT

Guardconvgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Converible
I am a Newbie, I have a 2015 GT convertible and need tires, but thinking of upgrading wheels I have 19x8.5 all around. I would like to stay with 19 for the ride. I like the way the staggered GT350 sits and viewed the link to hub cap heaven. There is a style I like that comes in 19x9.5, 19x10.5, and 19x11. I will probably go with Michelin 4S. I am not sure if the fenders or quarters on the 350 are flared out or the same as the GT. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestion on what will fit. I really don't want any trouble. Thanks
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I am a Newbie, I have a 2015 GT convertible and need tires, but thinking of upgrading wheels I have 19x8.5 all around. I would like to stay with 19 for the ride. I like the way the staggered GT350 sits and viewed the link to hub cap heaven. There is a style I like that comes in 19x9.5, 19x10.5, and 19x11. I will probably go with Michelin 4S. I am not sure if the fenders or quarters on the 350 are flared out or the same as the GT. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestion on what will fit. I really don't want any trouble. Thanks
Cheap wheels are offen cast metal, heavy and soft, so look for good spun forged or flow formed wheels which are still affordable but lighter and strong.

GT350 front fenders are wider than the GTs so fitments can be a little different.

Best to link the wheels you’re considering so we can actuall talk specifics.

OP
OP

Guardconvgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Converible
OP
OP

Guardconvgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Converible
Any other vendor website suggestions for wheels?

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
yeah those first LMR wheels linked above have an SP2 style nearly identical to what you’ve selected (i.e. PP2 package knockoffs). The LMR ones are good quality, spun forged (i.e. forged barrels with cast face) which will be light and strong and they’re like $600 less for a set.

as for those wheels, they 10.5 ET 24 are the PP2 front size and offsets but its a little pokey with stock camber, and you’d want the 11” rear the 10.5 won’t work on the rear.

The LMR options come in 10” square or 10/11” staggered front/rear and the offsets will be perfect. I recommend the 10” square setup because you can rotate front/back then and 10” is plenty for traction.

OP
OP

Guardconvgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Converible
yeah those first LMR wheels linked above have an SP2 style nearly identical to what you’ve selected (i.e. PP2 package knockoffs). The LMR ones are good quality, spun forged (i.e. forged barrels with cast face) which will be light and strong and they’re like $600 less for a set.

as for those wheels, they 10.5 ET 24 are the PP2 front size and offsets but its a little pokey with stock camber, and you’d want the 11” rear the 10.5 won’t work on the rear.

The LMR options come in 10” square or 10/11” staggered front/rear and the offsets will be perfect. I recommend the 10” square setup because you can rotate front/back then and 10” is plenty for traction.
Thank you so much. That is great information. any experience with the Michelins or those continentals?

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Nightmare, I was considering the 4S, I thought somebody mentioned continental on this thread but could be mistaken. the site you sent had them matched up with Nittos
The MP4S is outstanding for most reasonable uses on the street including bombing the twisties. Yes there are faster dry weather tires, but not really any which are as well rounded for all the things. I'm on my 3rd set.

No personal experience with the Conti Sport, but people equate it with the previous generation of the Michelin sport tire (the MPSS). The conti has a softer sidewall, which is good for some things and worse for others. Both are great in the rain too, so no worries about that.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Guardconvgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Converible
The MP4S is outstanding for most reasonable uses on the street including bombing the twisties. Yes there are faster dry weather tires, but not really any which are as well rounded for all the things. I'm on my 3rd set.

No personal experience with the Conti Sport, but people equate it with the previous generation of the Michelin sport tire (the MPSS). The conti has a softer sidewall, which is good for some things and worse for others. Both are great in the rain too, so no worries about that.
Any other wheel vendors you like?

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Any other wheel vendors you like?
Apex SM-10 or EC7 wheels for sure. More $$ than LMR SVE brand but great parts.

I really like my N4SM Project6gr 7 spoke wheels but the wait times and customer service seem not always awesome.

bergdon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
I'm currently checking my options here-- tire and wheel packages. I might choose Niche or the American Racing wheels because they aren't too expensive.
Sponsored