Sponsored

Pilafiction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
Well, this ain't good for those of us that fall in the date range an have heavily modded the car. Sorry for the crappy screenshot. Randomly found this while watching a video about the newest cam phaser bulletin for the 3.5EB in the trucks.

mustang.jpg
Maybe, just a tad..
With all these 2020 Mustang GT owners like myself, any of you have this "typewriter tick" that many 2018-2019 Mustang GT owners have?
I don't now but my first oil change is later this month...

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium California Special
With all these 2020 Mustang GT owners like myself, any of you have this "typewriter tick" that many 2018-2019 Mustang GT owners have?
I have a 2020 mustang gt, automatic, california special edition. If I have the windows down radio off, and I pay attention to the car at idle, I can sometimes hear it. It's not bad yet.

I also have the DI tick when the car is cold. Once the car warms-up though, the DI tick is hardly noticeable. BTW - I am at 7800 miles and the dealership does all the oil changes. From what I read on here from others, if the typewriter / bbq bothers you, put Ceratec in. People say the Ceratec helps. FYI - Check with your dealer to see if it is OK to put in.

ss27gogeta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
zach
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt

I did my first oil change at 3000 miles on my 2020. I did it my self and used pens oil ultra platnum 5w30 with a ford performance oil filter. I have no wired ticks or noises i have just under 5000 miles on my car now.

Sponsored

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
I did my first oil change at 3000 miles on my 2020. I did it my self and used pens oil ultra platnum 5w30 with a ford performance oil filter. I have no wired ticks or noises i have just under 5000 miles on my car now.
I think the dealership uses 5W 20.

Pilafiction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
I have a 2020 mustang gt, automatic, california special edition. If I have the windows down radio off, and I pay attention to the car at idle, I can sometimes hear it. It's not bad yet.

I also have the DI tick when the car is cold. Once the car warms-up though, the DI tick is hardly noticeable. BTW - I am at 7800 miles and the dealership does all the oil changes. From what I read on here from others, if the typewriter / bbq bothers you, put Ceratec in. People say the Ceratec helps. FYI - Check with your dealer to see if it is OK to put in.
I had a 2015 Mustang GT, 6M, 3k miles that was traded for my current 2020 Mustang GT. No issues at all with 2015 and like it so much the 2020 with improvements was an ez decision. Didn't know about this "tick" on 2018-19. Lots of opinions re tick but so far doesn't look like the 2020s are affected or at least as much. I'll be listening after first oil change coming up...

TW Merema

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TW
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Realize this is a dead thread, but has anyone actually had this SSM completed on their car? If so what were the symptoms, and did this remedy them? I have a thread here:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/surging-throttle.176788/

Describes my symptoms, and I have the P0369 code so they've ordered me a cylinder head. Time will tell if this helps, but it seems to make sense as long as the defect is affecting exhaust cam timing and/or sensor reading. Anyone know what the effect of the bad casting might be?

Pilafiction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
I had a 2015 Mustang GT, 6M, 3k miles that was traded for my current 2020 Mustang GT. No issues at all with 2015 and like it so much the 2020 with improvements was an ez decision. Didn't know about this "tick" on 2018-19. Lots of opinions re tick but so far doesn't look like the 2020s are affected or at least as much. I'll be listening after first oil change coming up...
Same story loved the 2015 5.0 6M and then move to 2020 GT. No tick after first oil change. Currently 6200 on clock. The 6spd and clutch in 2020 is a big improvement over the 2015...

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Realize this is a dead thread, but has anyone actually had this SSM completed on their car? If so what were the symptoms, and did this remedy them? I have a thread here:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/surging-throttle.176788/

Describes my symptoms, and I have the P0369 code so they've ordered me a cylinder head. Time will tell if this helps, but it seems to make sense as long as the defect is affecting exhaust cam timing and/or sensor reading. Anyone know what the effect of the bad casting might be?
Terry,

I forgot all about this thread and then I saw you posted on here. Please post how long it takes them to do the cylinder head replacement.

Sponsored

TW Merema

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TW
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Just an update on this, I FINALLY received word all the parts are in (only 4 weeks later). Car will be going in Monday August 15 for the replacement. They said they need 5 days, that seems excessive for cylinder head swap but ok. Once I have it back I’ll report the outcome.

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Just an update on this, I FINALLY received word all the parts are in (only 4 weeks later). Car will be going in Monday August 15 for the replacement. They said they need 5 days, that seems excessive for cylinder head swap but ok. Once I have it back I’ll report the outcome.
Is this your daily driver? Are they giving you a loaner?

steelgator01

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2021 S550 GT California Special Velocity Blue
After thinking it through, I'll be running 5w50 with the Whipple, I'd be surprised if 5w50 leaks past the megacap. Also hoping that by being day one of the date range that somehow I squeezed through. Either way, once the Whipple goes on I suppose I own the issue.
Damn, How do you find your engine build date? My Whipple was installed 3 months ago.