Sponsored

mtr5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT Shadow Black 401a A10 3.15 gear
Well it doesn’t get any closer than this engine build date. Aug 31 2020…
81A05515-1368-476E-9278-D78E5F216554.jpeg
Lol

DaveR.PP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT PP2 ; 67 Shelby GT350; 67 Mustang S Code Coupe; 88 Mustang LX 5.0 Coupe
9/15/20. 1,625 miles. No mods other than JLT breathers on each bank. I may as well step up on track time now. Still gonna live north of 6,500 rpm and to red line. If it happens it happens. For me Performance Package Level 2 enhances the drive it like I stole it mode. Ford's dime for a time.

20210924_083216.jpg

Pilafiction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
9/15/20. 1,625 miles. No mods other than JLT breathers on each bank. I may as well step up on track time now. Still gonna live north of 6,500 rpm and to red line. If it happens it happens. For me Performance Package Level 2 enhances the drive it like I stole it mode. Ford's dime for a time.

20210924_083216.jpg
I have same year, month for engine and almost same mileage...so what did you specifically do with performance pak 2? Did you opt for an e85 tune?

DaveR.PP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
20 Mustang GT PP2 ; 67 Shelby GT350; 67 Mustang S Code Coupe; 88 Mustang LX 5.0 Coupe
I have same year, month for engine and almost same mileage...so what did you specifically do with performance pak 2? Did you opt for an e85 tune?

Bill,

As yet I've not incorporated any tune. I'm bolting in BMR Harness, will add Schroth harnesses, Barton Hybrid 3 shifter, steeda driveshaft loop and rear diff bushings and Cortex rear links and toe links. I've got 38 miles on the Sport Cup 2's they'll go back on and if I'm still making money with my stock market trades (luckily I am) I'll use my gains and I'm gonna mount them on Forgeline GS1R's which is the only items I don't already have. And I've got Vorschlag camber plates... rest of suspension is certainly track worthy.... I just need more negative camber that's all.

I don't need more horsepower or any specific tune unless it's Ford sanctioned, doesnt mess up warranty at the moment.... especially given this engine situation. I'll just drive it and I'll drive it aggressively on track because that's what this PP2 was intended to do.

Might as well stay on the pedal all things considered. (I really don't have to add all that stuff but the items I mentioned are my typical minimal "setup" for me anyway)

If something happens to the engine I'll take it in all stock motor sans the JLT breathers if necessary. I dunno. That's my plan.

Sponsored

Pilafiction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
Bill,

As yet I've not incorporated any tune. I'm bolting in BMR Harness, will add Schroth harnesses, Barton Hybrid 3 shifter, steeda driveshaft loop and rear diff bushings and Cortex rear links and toe links. I've got 38 miles on the Sport Cup 2's they'll go back on and if I'm still making money with my stock market trades (luckily I am) I'll use my gains and I'm gonna mount them on Forgeline GS1R's which is the only items I don't already have. And I've got Vorschlag camber plates... rest of suspension is certainly track worthy.... I just need more negative camber that's all.

I don't need more horsepower or any specific tune unless it's Ford sanctioned, doesnt mess up warranty at the moment.... especially given this engine situation. I'll just drive it and I'll drive it aggressively on track because that's what this PP2 was intended to do.

Might as well stay on the pedal all things considered. (I really don't have to add all that stuff but the items I mentioned are my typical minimal "setup" for me anyway)

If something happens to the engine I'll take it in all stock motor sans the JLT breathers if necessary. I dunno. That's my plan.

That makes sense...I thought you were referring to the FP performance pak 2 not the level 2 PP from factory. I haven't decided what to do first, horsepower modest or handling or just wait.

You have a comprehensive build...you will have incredible results! Good luck!

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
If Ford won't recall for repair, can owners having affected cars under warranty demand a repair without legal action?

How would the case be made ?

I demand that you fix this just in case, and BTW want new tires because I could get flat ?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
OK, so now what are the symptoms? I have had a strange bucking at low speeds. Happened a couple times in a parking lot. No codes or anything. I'm guessing I have to start throwing codes for Ford to diagnose and/or repair.
You have a stick, it's you ......

Orange devil

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro,toyoda
OK, so now what are the symptoms? I have had a strange bucking at low speeds. Happened a couple times in a parking lot. No codes or anything. I'm guessing I have to start throwing codes for Ford to diagnose and/or repair.
The the Strang bucking symptoms "you" are having ..trade it asap !!
Screenshot_20211013-124511_Google.jpg

Sponsored

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Oct '20 for me. 5,000 miles on the car.

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Oct '20 for me. 5,000 miles on the car.
I'm up to 7200 with fingers crossed. I don't want anymore problems with this vehicle. I just had the entire steering rack replaced:(

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Pshhh, yall worrying for nothing, currently 15k miles and my baby is running perfect. I'm effected by this as well but hey if anything happens, it's covered by ford so live life, and drive your car like it was meant to be driven !
Sponsored