Sponsored
OP
OP

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
That makes sense because if its a problem across all mustangs within the date range, it shouldn't matter if you are tuned or not.
Yah you do. This isn't a warranty claim from you, this is a TSB through a manufacturing defect from the manufacturer.
It’s not a problem across all within the date range, only some per the bulletin. If you are tuned, and under warranty, the burden of proof of what has caused the failure will ultimately fall on you. It could easily cost you more in legal fees to get this covered than the value of the repair itself. Again, this will be Ford’s stance. Your results at your dealership may be different, but don’t feel all warm and fuzzy about the situation because some guy on the internet says you will be okay. Ford knows first hand from the F150 that a calibration change can make this problem worse(I’m not implying that your typical custom tune will).
Sponsored

Last edited:

CJJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT/CS Convertible - Race Red
Does anyone have an official reference to this from Ford? So far all I there is a blurry screen shot and a quote from a video or something. I searched online, but had no luck.

velocity550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
It’s not a problem across all within the date range, only some per the bulletin. If you are tuned, and under warranty, the burden of proof of what has caused the failure will ultimately fall on you. It could easily cost you more in legal fees to get this covered than the value of the repair itself.
All or some. A problem is a problem period.

OP
OP

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Does anyone have an official reference to this from Ford? So far all I there is a blurry screen shot and a quote from a video or something. I searched online, but had no luck.
It's highly unlikely you will see it anytime soon, if at all because it's an SSM and only affects a small number of vehicles. If it's worth $22 dollars to you, you can go here and have access to all of them for 72 hours:

https://www.motorcraftservice.com/Purchase/ViewProduct

You won't find any more from Ford other than a much less blurry version of the screenshot I posted though.

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I am guessing Gen 3 heads are about to become hard to get ?

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase

andrewtac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
F250. 2020 GT 400A
11Nov20, pushing 15+ pounds now; good thing I started collecting parts for a build.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the info on how to check engine build date, I'll check mine at lunch today. Picked up my Mach in March 2021. Everything running great until last night. After filling u p the gas tank (didn't turn off car) I took off and was driving aggressively, saw the engine idiot light come on. Stayed on for 5 mon and went off. Nothing felt different
I checked ford pass and it said misfire. Could this be related the the TSB or maybe just something with gas?
Also, whats the easiest way to hook my Windows laptop or iphone to ECU to read codes?
Thanks

emcmtony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2020 Saleen Mustang S302 White Label
Dodged this one. My build date was 8/18/2020!

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Just looked, January 19 2021
Phew!

Sponsored

UTAR15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Prem
October 20th, 2020. Great...

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Burt
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I had a similar issue way back when testing stage 3 comp cams for a gEN 1 coyote. The base cap kept rubbing the cylinder head and making a squeaking noise, took months to figure out. Ended up needed a new head no metal shaving or anything but a pain in the butt and it sent cam timing off alot

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium California Special
I had a similar issue way back when testing stage 3 comp cams for a gEN 1 coyote. The base cap kept rubbing the cylinder head and making a squeaking noise, took months to figure out. Ended up needed a new head no metal shaving or anything but a pain in the butt and it sent cam timing off alot
How long did it take to replace the cylinder head?

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt; 2017 Explorer
Think again.
Actually... I can tell you from my own experience that I had to have major electronic work done to my Escape for a known issue, for which Ford had issued a TSB. But since it was a TSB and not a recall, I had to pay $2,400 to get it repaired.
Sponsored