James1980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Special service message
Thanks. How does that compare to a tsb? Different name for the same thing?

I guess I’m trying to figure out what level of importance Ford is giving it to try to determine if it’s a rare thing but here’s how you fix it if you encounter it or if it’s more of a this is highly likely to happen and here what you do. If you know what I mean

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
Essex Engine Plant 5.0L
07 Jul 2020
says the dot matrix code sticker in the engine bay, so this one is ok.

BrianH87

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT ; 2021 Explorer ST
Stupid question, but are we going by the cars build date or the engines build date? In some cases, the engine is built well before the car.

Either way, I finally managed to avoid a recall. 11-15-19 build for me. Hope they don’t expand the date range. I feel for those affected.

Last edited:

Cpcloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 6MT
Stupid question, but are we going by the cars build date or the engines build date? In some cases, the engine is built well before the car.

Either way, I finally managed to avoid a recall. 11-15-19 build for me. Hope they don’t expand the date range. I feel for those affected.

Good point. I would think its going by engine build date.

You gave me a glimmer of hope. My engine was built on 9-1-2020 (lol).

If anyone is wondering, the sticker w/ engine build date is on the driver side valve cover.

Sponsored

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium California Special
November 2020 build date:(
does anyone know how much labor time?

Last edited:
OP
OP

bankyf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1
From what I have seen, Oasis only lists the vehicle production date so I have always assumed the bulletins referenced that. While I hope it is engine build date, I suspect that is not correct.

screamingsix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 S550 GTPP, '99 CDW162 SVT Contour, '04 SN95 V6
From what I have seen, Oasis only lists the vehicle production date so I have always assumed the bulletins referenced that. While I hope it is engine build date, I suspect that is not correct.
Engine build dates can be found in OASIS also.

cmxPPL219

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
What the heck are "mega caps"?
Just picture a traditional camshaft cap, in the cylinder head, except this Mega Cap (seems to be a Ford-only term) is near the front of the cylinder head (front of the engine, near the cam phasers) and the cap is much longer, that bolts over two sets of camshafts.

Coyote MegaCap.png

Note: The above are not from the Gen 3 coyote, it's from a 2013 F-150 but gets the idea across.

Sponsored

velocity550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Just picture a traditional camshaft cap, in the cylinder head, except this Mega Cap (seems to be a Ford-only term) is near the front of the cylinder head (front of the engine, near the cam phasers) and the cap is much longer, that bolts over two sets of camshafts.

Coyote MegaCap.png

Note: The above are not from the Gen 3 coyote, it's from a 2013 F-150 but gets the idea across.

AHHHH okay thanks for the clarification.

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Where do I look/what do I look for to find out my build date ? Yall confused me with engine vs car build dates so if anyone can tell me where to look, if I don't need any tools then I would like to look for it on my lunch break today

Pilafiction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT

Where do I look/what do I look for to find out my build date ? Yall confused me with engine vs car build dates so if anyone can tell me where to look, if I don't need any tools then I would like to look for it on my lunch break today
There is a sticker on your engine cam cover...mine is Sept 20, 2020 so I'm affected.

Muhnopoly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
This isn't going to force a recall right ?? Just basically a warning and advice on what's gonna need to be done incase the code pops up right ?
Sponsored