Sponsored

New to the voodoo... Curious on Porting the stock TB/Intake Mani

Seven

HPDE for me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 F150 Platinum Diesel FX4 / '16 Audi S3 Viper Green APR Stage 3+ / '19 GT350R / 17 Camaro SS 1LE 575whp all motor (sold) / '15 C7Z 650whp (sold)
I see a lot of over 500whp dynos with LTs/catless-x and intake + tune, but I haven't seen dyno results for people porting the stock intake manifold or tb...

Are they too thin to be ported? Hard to tune?
I assume there's some issues as I highly doubt people would leave power on the table?

So what gives?
Sponsored

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Not many people have done it. Air Flow Solutions in Arizona offers porting for both the 350 intake and throttle body.

CobraCommander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Extremely small, if any, gains from doing a ported intake on the stock GT350 intake manifold and the cost to do so ($1,350.00 + shipping) makes absolutely no sense.

You'd be better off buying a Ford Racing Cobra Jet (Going to require lowering the motor with aftermarket motor mounts and/or clearancing your hood), Plazmaman Billet Intake, or Frankenstein Engine Dynamics billet intake manifold.

If you're looking to do an intake manifold, you also need to look at doing ported heads and/or cams as well. Just not going to see the kind of benefits you want for the money without additional pieces to accentuate it. Most people don't have the stomach or budget to do all of that and simply stick with basic bolt-ons and E85 or just throw boost at it.

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
Extremely small, if any, gains from doing a ported intake on the stock GT350 intake manifold and the cost to do so ($1,350.00 + shipping) makes absolutely no sense.

You'd be better off buying a Ford Racing Cobra Jet (Going to require lowering the motor with aftermarket motor mounts and/or clearancing your hood), Plazmaman Billet Intake, or Frankenstein Engine Dynamics billet intake manifold.

If you're looking to do an intake manifold, you also need to look at doing ported heads and/or cams as well. Just not going to see the kind of benefits you want for the money without additional pieces to accentuate it. Most people don't have the stomach or budget to do all of that and simply stick with basic bolt-ons and E85 or just throw boost at it.
Porting a stock gt350 manifold is $250. That $1350 is if you buy a new manifold that is ported.
Sponsored