Sponsored

New to performance cars, may be a stupid question

Colossus1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I have a 2018 GT PP1, is it normal after driving for a little bit...giving it throttle here and there for a large fan to turn on when i shut the car off? Fan is pretty loud. Any info would be great. Thanks
Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
This is not unique to performance cars. Most cars now have electric fans that cycle automatically if required even with the car off. That's why they have the "don't stick your hand in here even if the car is off" sticker.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
My ecoboost does it too. I don't know the reason but it seems normal. I don't see any issue with it.

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
Heat soak. You stop your car and shut it off, no air movement=no cooling, temps actually increase once stopped. Hot engines boiling coolant=cracked heads, very common in marine engines that work super hard and foolish owners don't cool down properly before shutting down. Car makers are smart enough to cycle the fans to try to prevent this.

Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I have a 2018 GT PP1, is it normal after driving for a little bit...giving it throttle here and there for a large fan to turn on when i shut the car off? Fan is pretty loud. Any info would be great. Thanks
If you have been driving "hard" it is a good idea to take it easy at the end of the drive. But the cars are engineered to take care of themselves.
Sponsored