New to me MACH 1 HP

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
I traded my 21 Mach 1 (9K miles) for a 21 Mach 1 HP with 3600 miles on it. Same everything except for the handling pack . I will never track the car. I just like the looks and the fact that it is a HP car. I drove almost 900 miles each way to pick it up. The trip back in the HP car was for the most part in the rain. I knew going in that Cup 2,s are not the best street tires but had no idea. Not a fun trip. I knew new tires were in the future but the future for me is ASAP. I will also get a wheel alignment with the new tires. This car is very unsafe on bad roads wet or dry. I have watched many You Tube guys tell about this great car but none have ever talked about how bad it is in real world driving. Maybe it is just this car.
Lee
Sponsored

Hoose71

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
84, 13, 13, 21, 22 Mustangs, 72 Nova Rally
The PS4's are great. I had to drive the Mach 1 this winter because my GT was down. They're not great when their cold, but it never felt unsafe at least. I've got a set of HP wheels that I'm definitely putting PS4 on, and eventually All Seasons on the stock rims.

HoosierJTF

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
I'm looking at a set of new take off HP wheels with Cup 2 tires and now am getting worried they are worthless. I plan on just driving the car on nice days so should I worry?

PC_GUARD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP1
I've not used ps4 tires but gen 2 cts-v guys swear by them, and by all acounts they're pushing way more lowvend torque than a NA coyote could dream about.

Happy New Car Day!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Egparson202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2018 Audi TTRS
You’re getting an alignment anyway. Do that before you dump the Cup2’s. Maybe you’ll be surprised.

dom418

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(2) 20 HEP-R, 20 Velocity Blue 350R, 20 Lime 350R
Post up some pictures!

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Check the tire pressures too since it's new to you. Even at nearly 15k miles, my dealership is over-inflating every time I go in. Makes for a rough ride even with the PS4s.

GUSTOPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Night and day difference with PS4's compared to Cup 2s. My PP2 had cup 2s and changed them ASAP to PS4. Made a world of difference in ride quality/noise/nerves in the rain/grabbing every pebble in the bubble gum tires and then chunking it up in the wheel wells and side of the car. Lol. . You name it and they are better for daily type driving. They should offer an option of either or from ford. For the HP. Not to mention the cup 2s last about 7 miles. Lol

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M4891; 2021 Escape; 2014 Xterra Pro
Cup 2 replacement is an added cost of owning the HP. I replaced Cup 2s with PS4s before leaving the dealership. It was 30 November and Cup 2s were hockey pucks. PS4s do not tram line, eliminate the constant spray of road debris, and I can now drive confidently in the rain.

At Track Attack, the Mach 1s had PS4s and the ride along with the instructor demonstrated the impressive performance of the PS4. However, an instructor estimated that Cup 2s could be 4 secs/lap faster on the Roval when compared to PS4s. I couldn't drive fast enough to notice a difference, other than the spray of road debris while driving to and from the track.

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Cup 2 replacement is an added cost of owning the HP. I replaced Cup 2s with PS4s before leaving the dealership. It was 30 November and Cup 2s were hockey pucks. PS4s do not tram line, eliminate the constant spray of road debris, and I can now drive confidently in the rain.

At Track Attack, the Mach 1s had PS4s and the ride along with the instructor demonstrated the impressive performance of the PS4. However, an instructor estimated that Cup 2s could be 4 secs/lap faster on the Roval when compared to PS4s. I couldn't drive fast enough to notice a difference, other than the spray of road debris while driving to and from the track.
i swapped to ps4's because even though i don't plan to drive in the rain, i live in the wettest part of the world and i didn't want to get caught out somewhere trying to get home on cup 2's in a downpour. also the temps here don't get that high.
the tramlining completely disappeared and its so much quieter without the cup 2's sandblasting every piece of dirt from the road surface down the side of the car.

OP
OP
Madtel4

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
Problem is you bought a HP, for no apparent reason. You should have stuck with he Non HP car if your going to take away its capabilities
You're right. However, adding 4S tires will add a world of capabilities other than all out track times.
Lee

stangcrazy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Perry
Vehicle(s)
2017 Challenger SRT 392 - I know its not a mustang
aside from the comparison of drivability, anyone have comments on the ride height or just in general with respect to such a low profile?

I have nothing with 30's on it to compare to. So looking at dimensions of a 305/30 its 3.6 inches between road and wheel.

Im guessing even with PS4 tires, the slightest road imperfection can be damaging. But just a guess and why im asking for input.
Sponsored