Sponsored

New to me 2019 GT joins my "other" red car!

Edify

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2010 ZR1
2019 loaded GT /w 11k miles. Absolutely loving it! Was hard to get everything I wanted. Mainly 401, PP1, 10spd, and Active Exhaust. Bonus that it has Safety, Security, and B&O stereo! 10spd auto tranny is a joy to watch shift and exhaust adds to the smiles! Had to have it shipped from South Carolina to Florida as I couldn't find any that I liked in Race Red(or any other colour really). I wish Ford publishes a production breakdown one day cause it feels like there are so many cloth low optioned cars for sale. Unless the loaded ones are just getting scooped up and not getting resold.

The last Mustang I drove was a 2003 Cobra that I couldn't believe had such a stiff clutch pedal. So it's amazing to see how Ford has upped their game in every area. Seats are way more comfortable l, stereo is top notch, and it accelerates seemlessly!

Only issue I had was I noticed it was leaking from the oil pan plug so my mechanic was able to get a new one put in and I have ordered the UPR metal one for the next oil change.

Plan on doing JLT intake and handheld tuner. What is the general consensus for hp increase? 30whp? Also want to do resonator delete. Any advice or things to look out for?

My weekend ride is a 2010 ZR1, ~580whp. It's fun to see how many people want to mess with me in the Mustang compared to the ZR1. I figure cause in my area it's mainly old guys driving Vettes that don't like to push them(I am 36!)Or people don't want to get gapped?

Previous rides are a 2005 C6(~390whp). A 1991 Acura Legend and an assortment of Miatas for track/autocross fun!

IMG_2944.JPG
IMG_2947.JPG
IMG_2946.JPG
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Nice ride, and very nice ZR1 you've got there. Red is one of the rarer colors for those if I remember right. Most were Black, Blue, or Silver.

But yes it's hard to find loaded 401A cars. Especially with a manual transmission. Probably because Ford wanted you to spend more on the Bullitt.

Biggus Dickus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
Focus RS, Mustang GT, MME GTPE
Nice ZR1

dh3605

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, 301a, Auto, Black, Black accent package
If you check the V8 bolt on / mod section, the general opinion is that on 2018 and up the CAI is not going to show much if any gains.

OP
OP

Edify

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2010 ZR1
If you check the V8 bolt on / mod section, the general opinion is that on 2018 and up the CAI is not going to show much if any gains.
I see. One Lund video I saw showed 430whp stock. 441whp with a tune and 450whp with JLT intake and tune. I imagine the tunes worth it to improve throttle response at least?
Sponsored