New (to me) 2016 owner

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
I had an ecoboom in 2015 and have had a Lexus ever since, I missed the dam car so much I had to have another so here I am with a 2016 v6 auto. Plans are wheels/tires,gears,bolt ons, mpt tune, suspension,looks (in that order)

main question is do other s550 models rear end bolt right in to our cars? (Ex: ecoboost with 3.73 gears).

and what type of numbers could I see with Bolt ons and a tune not power chasing but the car feels…..blehhhh anything for a little more pep and throttle response would be amazing.
Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I had an ecoboom in 2015 and have had a Lexus ever since, I missed the dam car so much I had to have another so here I am with a 2016 v6 auto. Plans are wheels/tires,gears,bolt ons, mpt tune, suspension,looks (in that order)

main question is do other s550 models rear end bolt right in to our cars? (Ex: ecoboost with 3.73 gears).

and what type of numbers could I see with Bolt ons and a tune not power chasing but the car feels…..blehhhh anything for a little more pep and throttle response would be amazing.
I know someone who had a GT and V6 and swapped the pumpkins, so yes. Although I never tuned my V6 when I had it, many on here have posted that a tune does wake it up. MPT or AMR were the way to go a couple years ago.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I'd move the tune up in the order, it's the most dramatic difference of the bunch. If I were doing it now, I'd go with Ortiz Performance for the tune over MPT but can't wrong with MPT for the price either.

For the gears, yes you can swap between GT, V6, and Eco. If it comes from a manual and you're auto, you'll need to swap pinion flange too.

With just bolt ons, you're probably looking in the neighborhood of 280-300whp.

Depending on your total budget for boltons, I'd say skip them all and go with an Auto Mafia turbo kit. I kinda wish I hadn't done all my mods and just saved up money for boost.

OP
OP
ranger11x

ranger11x

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
keith
Vehicle(s)
Base auto s550 magnetic
Thanks for the reply’s and info gents. I’ve thought about boost BUT I’m gonna pour that coin into building a coyote engine I’ve had sitting on a stand for a year. 280-300 seems fun enough for a daily. I want to keep it pretty reliable (wanting to keep as long as possible with out a new engine). The tune is last only because from what I understand the bolt ons won’t throw a CEL and the tune kinda pulls everything together (also no need to datalog after every new part just once and done). But if it’s really that big I may move it up to right after gears (can they even calibrate the speedo if they know the correct gearing during tuning?)

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
If you don't need a tune for the parts, you don't need to datalog and update your tune for them either :p

Ortiz offers free revisions for basic stuff, but for the big changes they'd probably charge a fee. MPT is cheap enough that even with paid revisions every 60 days, it'll be cheaper than most others.

Sponsored

GeorgeC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt

Congratulations on your new car. Mine came with 355 gears. I could do 0 to 60 in 5.4. I loved that car but I ended with a 2019 gt I loved the sound of the coyote engine if I had kept the there is a kit you can buy that you can convert it to a ecoboot that would give you about 365 hp without a tune. With a tune you should be able to get over 400 hp
This is a cheap way to get a lot of power out of your cyclone motor. Ford wouldn't do that cause it would compete with the gt. Good luck with build. If you see me on the I won't race you.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
That'll still run you about $3500 on the low end which isn't chump change either. And definitely wouldn't run that without a tune, you really need E85 to maximize the potential of the Super Six Motorsports kit.

And for the low low price of just $2k more, you could be getting 500 whp reliably.

Stanley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stan
Vehicle(s)
17 base 3.7 manual
Ranger i suggest you Pick up a Velocity Throttle Controller. Its Plug and play, and what a difference in throttle response from stock.

Mike@SolerEngr

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 Stingray, 2021 GT Premium