lenFeb

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
any idea what the changes are? The updates can be a pain so just looking to see if it is worth it.
Can't find Ford's upgrade notes on this. But here what I gather from other forums:
Looks like this update may improve the speed of carplay and sync3 as well as enable you to download the latest version of the maps (NA220).

Sponsored

pilotgore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A bunch
I hear it will lower your lap times.
I’ll keep you posted!!

If it works, I’ll be installing a dual stereo setup with the newest sync 3 updates installed…. Just so I can have a shot at beating you on track next month.

I also have the “rice rocket sticker pack” on order from Amazon. NOS, Sparco….. you get the drill. Muy Muy horsepower adder baby!!

meterman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350R KR785
I’ll keep you posted!!

If it works, I’ll be installing a dual stereo setup with the newest sync 3 updates installed…. Just so I can have a shot at beating you on track next month.

I also have the “rice rocket sticker pack” on order from Amazon. NOS, Sparco….. you get the drill. Muy Muy horsepower adder baby!!
Can’t you get surround sound?

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
doesn't seem to be accepting my log file after install... any tips? does it matter really?

Sponsored
OP
OP
lenFeb

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
doesn't seem to be accepting my log file after install... any tips? does it matter really?
My neither. I think it's another ford's programming bug.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
My neither. I think it's another ford's programming bug.
Have had the same problem a few times, to include the other day. I called and they manually annotated that the upgrade was complete. This time took three different reps and me insisting that they've done it before.

In the long run, it doesn't matter much. The primary purpose from the user's perspective is to be able to use the Sync site to confirm whether you are up to date--the web page where you enter your VIN.

However, you can also check manually by reading the version number from your unit. If you miss an update, you don't have to go backwards. The latest update will account for you falling behind.

So, again, whether Ford records that you completed the update or not really doesn't matter. Hope it helps.

OP
OP
lenFeb

lenFeb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Len
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 #K0110
Have had the same problem a few times, to include the other day. I called and they manually annotated that the upgrade was complete. This time took three different reps and me insisting that they've done it before.

In the long run, it doesn't matter much. The primary purpose from the user's perspective is to be able to use the Sync site to confirm whether you are up to date--the web page where you enter your VIN.

However, you can also check manually by reading the version number from your unit. If you miss an update, you don't have to go backwards. The latest update will account for you falling behind.

So, again, whether Ford records that you completed the update or not really doesn't matter. Hope it helps.
Yeah, I've got it upgraded to v3.4.21020 no prob. It's just XML log file can't be uploaded after update.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
are maps free of charge now?

Chris2020GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.careeup.tech
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 / 2021 Jaguar SVR / 2019 TrackHawk
Does the update happen automatically? I was able to finally find some fuel and drove mine yesterday however, I did not notice anything nor did I see any messages.

However, I usually have my phone connected, so I was more curious on the notice since I do not know the layout as I was not too familiar with it.
Sponsored