GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
You won’t need a hotspot or subscription and it will work all the way back to the 16’s that have sync3 updated to version 3. All that you will need to do is have your phone wire connected via usb. It’s on Fords information release. Supposed to be out in a couple weeks but we know how that goes.
rumours were saying that it is going to be built-in to sync3, otherwise if its the current "run it on phone thru usb" method whats new about it then? we've been doing that for 7 months now

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
rumours were saying that it is going to be built-in to sync3, otherwise if its the current "run it on phone thru usb" method whats new about it then? we've been doing that for 7 months now
Being able to run it on any device?

statusnone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1
Am I missing something? I don't see a download for the 3.0 build. Just tried to update directly from Ford and of course, I got an error like everyone else.

Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Well it’s not really out for us early sync3 folks but there was a release made on the forum but then pulled as Ford asked it be pulled down. Some of us were lucky to get it. Don’t know when they will publicly release it. Hopefully when Waze becomes available.

statusnone

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP1
Well it’s not really out for us early sync3 folks but there was a release made on the forum but then pulled as Ford asked it be pulled down. Some of us were lucky to get it. Don’t know when they will publicly release it. Hopefully when Waze becomes available.
Sucks because 2.3 update via Ford website/USB stick/WiFi update is absolutely not working. Keep getting errors.

asteele

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo Titanium

Which build number are you referring to?

asteele

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo Titanium
There are several different versions of 3.0, I know of builds 17126, 17194, 17307 - it would be interesting to know which build number supports Waze!

Sponsored

asteele

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo Titanium
My current unproven theory is that all the sync3 3.0 builds will support Waze, but the world is waiting on the update to the Waze app itself, which comes from Wayze not Ford, to support the Sync3 app interface.

Quite how this can work on an ios device is a mystery to me though, and I am fascinated to see what's going to happen.

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
My current unproven theory is that all the sync3 3.0 builds will support Waze, but the world is waiting on the update to the Waze app itself, which comes from Wayze not Ford, to support the Sync3 app interface.

Quite how this can work on an ios device is a mystery to me though, and I am fascinated to see what's going to happen.
I'm pretty sure you'll have to disable the Apple Car Play option in the Sync3 settings or when you plug your phone in it will just go to Car Play where Apple Maps is your only choice.

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
I'm pretty sure you'll have to disable the Apple Car Play option in the Sync3 settings or when you plug your phone in it will just go to Car Play where Apple Maps is your only choice.
I was wondering about this. That will kind of suck. If this is the case I'll probably just continue using Apple Maps. :frusty:

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Waze has been updated on Android Platforms... I been using it since V2.2.6 Syncs 3 release. Is the issue with Apple iOS?
Sponsored