HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The only benefit to 2.3 is it allows you to run Sygic nav software on your phone as an app, so if you're not using Sygic then there really isn't any benefit to updating from 2.2 to 2.3.
Didn't 2.3 also have improved voice recognition?
Sponsored

jcovaltine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Are you sure you're using the correct update file? I updated my wife's Escape from Sync 2 to Sync 3 using 4dtech. They maintain a page with software updates:

https://www.4dtech.com/software-updates/

It appears there are two different 2.3 update files. Which one you use is hardware dependent. Further, I spoke at length with tech support at 4dtech. I'm told they did extensive testing and found no performance difference between 2.2 and 2.3. The only benefit to 2.3 is it allows you to run Sygic nav software on your phone as an app, so if you're not using Sygic then there really isn't any benefit to updating from 2.2 to 2.3.
Yes, I tried installing Version G which is for 2016 non nav.

Someone else on the forums mentioned it could be a low quality thumb drive issue. So I just bought a 64 gb Samsung thumb drive. I'm going to see what happens on my ride home from work tonight.

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
Yes, I tried installing Version G which is for 2016 non nav.

Someone else on the forums mentioned it could be a low quality thumb drive issue. So I just bought a 64 gb Samsung thumb drive. I'm going to see what happens on my ride home from work tonight.
it has nothing to do with the usb stick, it just fails for non nav

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
u guys should try 64GB 3.0 usb drive

Sponsored

RNMAAS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Convertible CS
Download 2.2 to a flash drive, plug it into car, and wait 20 mins. Same way as other updates.
I don't have a link to 2.2. Perhaps someone else has it and is willing to share.
I can confirm this worked for my 2016 GT with Nav. I used the 2.2 Nav link from the F150 site posted a number of pages back.

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
I can confirm this worked for my 2016 GT with Nav. I used the 2.2 Nav link from the F150 site posted a number of pages back.
but can you go to 2.3?

RNMAAS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I haven't tried that as I plan on going back up to 3.0 once my back-up camera is fixed.

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
I haven't tried that as I plan on going back up to 3.0 once my back-up camera is fixed.
im also on 3 since i couldnt go to 2.3, works great except the damn wifi popup, ill have to connect to my phone to make it go away next time

RNMAAS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I was running 3.0, I didn't have any Wifi pop-up issues as I was letting it connect to my home Wifi (with automatic updates disabled).

Sponsored

jcovaltine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What is the average length of time from when the leaked versions appear to when the office Ford release versions are available? Like several months or a few weeks?

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
What is the average length of time from when the leaked versions appear to when the office Ford release versions are available? Like several months or a few weeks?
From what I've heard it should be out already. If you connect to Wi-Fi on your car it should get pushed out. I haven't tried it because I still use the leaked version. By the way, I posted a video of Waze using Android Auto. It's so awesome! If you haven't seen it, here is the video link.

[ame]

jcovaltine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
From what I've heard it should be out already. If you connect to Wi-Fi on your car it should get pushed out. I haven't tried it because I still use the leaked version. By the way, I posted a video of Waze using Android Auto. It's so awesome! If you haven't seen it, here is the video link.

Thanks, I upgraded from sync 2 to sync 3 so my online updates don’t work. Thanks for the video, however I use CarPlay.

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Thanks, I upgraded from sync 2 to sync 3 so my online updates don’t work. Thanks for the video, however I use CarPlay.
Ah... did you buy the USB module to support Car Play?