NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

jcovaltine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I was able to get v2.3 to install by removing the -BB lines from the autoinstall.lst file.

the *-BB.tar.gz is just an upgrade to voice commands, which seems to work fine in v2.2. The issue seems to be that the voice update requires more RAM than is available on the non-nav systems.

So I'm now running v2.3 with v2.2 voice commands.
I tried installing version 2.3 with no luck mem_erro3. Now I lost gracenotes and it still says version 2.2. My idea was to install the everything but *-BB.tar.gz like you did. Then after that completed install just *-BB.tar.gz. Have you tried doing that?
Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I tried installing version 2.3 with no luck mem_erro3. Now I lost gracenotes and it still says version 2.2. My idea was to install the everything but *-BB.tar.gz like you did. Then after that completed install just *-BB.tar.gz. Have you tried doing that?
yes.
The first try ended with a MEM_ERR03, so I did a master reset before driving to work today... after 30 minutes it was still "updating" so that was a good sign, but I had to turn it off and work... so it's still in progress.

jcovaltine

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
yes.
The first try ended with a MEM_ERR03, so I did a master reset before driving to work today... after 30 minutes it was still "updating" so that was a good sign, but I had to turn it off and work... so it's still in progress.
Keep me posted on what happens. Also where did you download the update version 2.3 non nav? I noticed only the nav version is posted here.

I was just reading on the 150forums that version 2.3 is not installing on all non nav units because of memory issues. But hopefully your able to figure it out.

That or I should just install version 3.0

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Keep me posted on what happens. Also where did you download the update version 2.3 non nav? I noticed only the nav version is posted here.

I was just reading on the 150forums that version 2.3 is not installing on all non nav units because of memory issues. But hopefully your able to figure it out.

That or I should just install version 3.0
It's available at http://owner.ford.com

Sponsored

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
people on the sync forums mention its not safe to try to downgrade from 3.0

Adrian Cable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2017 GT Convertible
people on the sync forums mention its not safe to try to downgrade from 3.0
At least with the nav version, downgrading from 3.0 -> 2.2 and then going 2.2 -> 2.3 is safe.

It seems the issues are all on non-nav systems due to the reduced amount of memory/storage on those.

-Adrian

Sponsored
OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
At least with the nav version, downgrading from 3.0 -> 2.2 and then going 2.2 -> 2.3 is safe.

It seems the issues are all on non-nav systems due to the reduced amount of memory/storage on those.

-Adrian
hey Adrian, did you master reset in between installations or at the end? or went straight through non-stop 3.0->2.2->2.3? could u share the process u took? this unofficial one is buggy as hell, fordpass wont work smoothly.

Adrian Cable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2017 GT Convertible
hey Adrian, did you master reset in between installations or at the end? or went straight through non-stop 3.0->2.2->2.3? could u share the process u took? this unofficial one is buggy as hell, fordpass wont work smoothly.
Here's my sequence - let me know if I have omitted anything. Note I am on a MY 17 Nav car. I believe that this process does not work on non-Nav vehicles due to memory limitations. I also believe that this process will not work if Gracenote has been screwed up during the unofficial 3.0 install.

Originally the vehicle came with 2.0 installed. It was then updated to 2.2 by the dealer. I then updated to the unofficial 3.0 build 17276 by USB. This is the 'starting state' which I believe is the same as where you're at. Note my maps, Gracenote and voice were all working as expected - I wanted to downgrade only to do some USB-to-Ethernet experiments with different Sync3 versions - otherwise I would have kept 3.0.

To downgrade, I first tried installing 2.3 by USB. I got the 'Your Sync is already up to date' error. At this point I copied 2.2 (from the F150 forum link) onto a different USB stick, inserted while the vehicle was running, and updated successfully (took about 20 minutes). After the update, Sync3 rebooted itself, and at this point I then re-inserted the 2.3 USB stick. This update was also successful (took about 20 minutes) and then confirmed I had a 'normal' 2.3 install via Settings/General. Maps, Gracenote and voice all work as expected. No master resets at any point.

HizliBullet - a question - you mentioned a while back that build 18111 was on its way. Do you have this yet and/or can you check on its status with your contact? Thanks!

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST

-Adrian
I went from 3.0 to 2.2 and then up to 2.3 on my non-nav Fusion with no problems. I followed the instructions given in the f150 forum post I linked a page or two back to get back to 2.2 and then simply applied the 2.3 update from the Ford Owner website after that.

The only memory errors I had were from trying to apply the 2.3 update to the 3.0 install in an effort to downgrade directly to 2.3. I think you can also get the error if the thumb drive you're using isn't big enough (less than 32GB).

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
HizliBullet - a question - you mentioned a while back that build 18111 was on its way. Do you have this yet and/or can you check on its status with your contact? Thanks!
the guys at F150 forum mentioned something about it in october, but then 17276 rolled out, and dan said this was the latest release back then. so we'll see if something newer rolls out soon.

I think you can also get the error if the thumb drive you're using isn't big enough (less than 32GB).
I think so too most people stuck with 16 or 8GB and I think the memory problems were pertaining to USB drive running out of space to extract files.
Sponsored