Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
with the 17276 build?
Yes.

I believe the system is just trying to phone home to report it's been updated. After connecting to the WiFi make sure to enable Automatic Updates. Then manually check for an update. The reason I say to do this is to ensure you are actually getting an internet connection from the WiFi you are connected to.
Tried it again this evening. Repeatedly. I get the "connect to complete" prompt, say yes, and then select my wifi network and connect successfully.

Automatic updates are on. When I try to scan for new updates it trundles on a bit and then says that the "previous attempt was incomplete and try again when convenient." Makes me thing that maybe I don't have a real connection, but I do have an IP address.

Sadness++

Danman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
It would be nice if the screen dimming fuction would work with CarPlay. At night, the CarPlay screen is super bright. Even dimming to the lowest setting doesn’t help much.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
It would be nice if the screen dimming fuction would work with CarPlay. At night, the CarPlay screen is super bright. Even dimming to the lowest setting doesn’t help much.
screen dimming never worked for me since v1.0

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Really? It works for me in my non-nav Fusion. I noticed it the other evening when the lighting switched to night mode and thought "well, at least that works."

Sponsored

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
Yes.

Tried it again this evening. Repeatedly. I get the "connect to complete" prompt, say yes, and then select my wifi network and connect successfully.

Automatic updates are on. When I try to scan for new updates it trundles on a bit and then says that the "previous attempt was incomplete and try again when convenient." Makes me thing that maybe I don't have a real connection, but I do have an IP address.

Sadness++
My next step would be a matter reset.

daustin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Version Question

Sorry, I didn't read through all 240 or so pages. I have Sync 3 in my 2016 GT Premium w/ Nav. I also previously replaced the USB port, so I have been using CarPlay for the last six months or so. Tonight, my car updated via WIFI to Version 2.3, as that's the latest update offered by Ford for my car. I was hoping for Version 3.0

What is the difference between Version 2.3 and 3.0? I really want to use CarPlay without having to plug my phone in, but I doubt that's gonna happen.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
What is the difference between Version 2.3 and 3.0? I really want to use CarPlay without having to plug my phone in, but I doubt that's gonna happen.
Alpine ILX-107 is the only deck does that in the market right now.I wish AA had wireless too.:thumbsup:

2.3 to 3.0 changes are: interface icon changes, smoother AA/CP, bug fixes from 17194 wifi popups, ability to turn display off, emotes appear in phonebook

Spartanator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Stage 3 Roush
Tried my iPhone X (11.1.1) with Leaked 3.0, so far everything works as it did with my 6s (11.1.1)for those who are wondering. Going to wait until the official 3.0 comes out before I flash anything else.

I thought the 17's had Wireless AA/CP?

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
Tried my iPhone X (11.1.1) with Leaked 3.0, so far everything works as it did with my 6s (11.1.1)for those who are wondering. Going to wait until the official 3.0 comes out before I flash anything else.

I thought the 17's had Wireless AA/CP?

Nope

Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Alpine ILX-107 is the only deck does that in the market right now.I wish AA had wireless too.:thumbsup:

2.3 to 3.0 changes are: interface icon changes, smoother AA/CP, bug fixes from 17194 wifi popups, ability to turn display off, emotes appear in phonebook
You've always been able to turn the display off.
I do it any time I'm on the highway at night.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Well... it's out, but I keep getting an MEM_ERR03 no matter what I do.

I tried checking over WiFi and v2.2 said there are no updates.

I might try to piecewise the update later.
sounds like memory insufficient error to me, maybe usb size problem or running out of hardware memory extracting files.