Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

Adrian Cable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2017 GT Convertible
Tried to downgrade from leaked 3.0 to official 2.3 on my way home last night. Fakes you out for 10 minutes telling you it's updating then gives failure notice due to already being current. Wonder if 16/17 will ever see official 3.0...
You can downgrade the leaked 3.0 to official 2.3 but you need to go via official 2.2 first. (i.e. leaked 3.0 -> official 2.2 -> official 2.3)

Each release has a version check which compares the current version installed with "known" existing version strings. The 2.3 install script checks for SYNC3_3.0* and says it's already current if that's found. The 2.2 script doesn't check for SYNC3_3.0* which is why this method works.
Sponsored

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
I've been trying to connect the trial version of Sygic to my Sync 3 (with 3.0 firmware) but had no success with CarPlay enabled, wondering if it has to be one or the other?

Since I use Apple Music a lot, I'd always choose Carplay over AppLink. Sygic is quite expensive, so it would have to be much better than Apple Maps to make a purchase worthwhile.
Yeah, it's an Applink integrated application only, so you have to turn CarPlay off. I downloaded the trial and was amazed at the prices. I have built in Navigation, Google Maps, Waze and Apple Maps. Between those four I don't need another option, especially one as expensive as Sygic.

DJH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Yeah, it's an Applink integrated application only, so you have to turn CarPlay off. I downloaded the trial and was amazed at the prices. I have built in Navigation, Google Maps, Waze and Apple Maps. Between those four I don't need another option, especially one as expensive as Sygic.
Thanks, you've saved me messing around trying to get it to work.

Spartanator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Stage 3 Roush
You can downgrade the leaked 3.0 to official 2.3 but you need to go via official 2.2 first. (i.e. leaked 3.0 -> official 2.2 -> official 2.3)

Each release has a version check which compares the current version installed with "known" existing version strings. The 2.3 install script checks for SYNC3_3.0* and says it's already current if that's found. The 2.2 script doesn't check for SYNC3_3.0* which is why this method works.
Does anyone happen to have a copy of the official 2.2 for Nav?

**EDIT**

Never-mind, I think I found it.

Last edited:

Sponsored

escudolm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Besides the update for the Sygic navigation, is there any reason to put on the official 2.3 release? I'm on the leaked 3.0, first build, currently.

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Besides the update for the Sygic navigation, is there any reason to put on the official 2.3 release? I'm on the leaked 3.0, first build, currently.
Not that I can tell. It seems to be identical to 2.x except for that.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Its worth noting I discovered few new features in 3.0 vs 2.3
DSC_0027.jpg
DSC_0034.JPG
DSC_0030.JPG

Sponsored

JeffreyDJ

Jedi
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
After I updated to 2.3 I had the same Sirius update message and progress bar.

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I noticed that even with the latest build, i still get prompted to connect to wifi even though i have wifi turned off.

Only workaround was to successfully connect to a wifi network.

Talk about annoying.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
I've connected to several wifi networks (home and public) and still get the "connect to complete" prompt. Anyone have any help or suggestions? This is on my Fusion DD, btw.

Commbubba19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I've connected to several wifi networks (home and public) and still get the "connect to complete" prompt. Anyone have any help or suggestions? This is on my Fusion DD, btw.
with the 17276 build?

that is odd. i upgraded to that build and turned wifi off. saw no point in connecting to wifi as it never updated anyway.

after about a week i started getting those stupid prompts.

a few days later i connected it to my home wifi and it hasn't popped up since.

still, shouldn't be a requirement to connect. i don't like leaving the wifi radio on since it serves no purpose.

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
I believe the system is just trying to phone home to report it's been updated. After connecting to the WiFi make sure to enable Automatic Updates. Then manually check for an update. The reason I say to do this is to ensure you are actually getting an internet connection from the WiFi you are connected to.
Sponsored