Sponsored

New SYNC 3.0 update was just put out . SYNCGen3.0_3.0.19205_PRODUCT

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
When my wife got home tonight, she told me that she got a notice when she started the car this morning that Sync had been updated. So, I guess it updated over wifi during the night, because it’s now version 3. So yay for the wifi update working. Now to resolve the media hub issue.
I think I was giving up on the USB drive too soon. Had I waited longer, it probably would have worked. At least the wifi proved itself.
Since I didn’t complete the USB stick method, will my Ford Owner account update over wifi, and indicate the car’s current updated software version?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
When my wife got home tonight, she told me that she got a notice when she started the car this morning that Sync had been updated. So, I guess it updated over wifi during the night, because it’s now version 3. So yay for the wifi update working. Now to resolve the media hub issue.
I think I was giving up on the USB drive too soon. Had I waited longer, it probably would have worked. At least the wifi proved itself.
Since I didn’t complete the USB stick method, will my Ford Owner account update over wifi, and indicate the car’s current updated software version?
It’s good to a someone was able to get a WiFi update. I presume you got build # 19205. Check the owner site under Sync updates. See if it says you’re up to date.

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Service department called me. Since they replaced the front USB harness, they now want to replace the APIM. If they replace the APIM, will I need to update again, or is the Sync module separate?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Service department called me. Since they replaced the front USB harness, they now want to replace the APIM. If they replace the APIM, will I need to update again, or is the Sync module separate?
Interesting. If they put a current APIM in you could have 3.3 installed. Ask them about it. If it is tell them you want a 2019/20 APIM. Least they could do for you :)

Sponsored

Mulestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang
Unfortunately the APIM was already ordered. We’ll see what I get. I just don’t want to go backwards.

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Upgraded my '16 w/nav this morning and seem to have LOST Android Auto (was working prior). There is NO Android Auto icon in the setting screen anylonger. I show as V 3.0 build 19205_PRODUCT. This was an upgrade from 2.2 or 2.3...I cannot for the life of me remember which and I deleted the pic I took of my screen a bit too early.

Anyone else have this issue? Or anyone with a '16/w nav @ 3.0/19205 HAVE Android Auto?

I have tried hooking up the phone w/AA running and going to mobile apps to see if it will find it. Car just tells me that to find apps the phone must be connected and the app running....ahhhhh it IS....

Last edited:

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Updated mine last night over USB to 3.0. Over an hour and a half after putting in the USB with the motor running and the message telling me it was updating! I pulled the USB and cycled the car a few times after reinserting. After that it was like 10 minutes. Really wish Ford would get the update process a little more efficient. Wifi would be great since the car has access every night it's in the garage.

No problems updating to the Ford site.

Not sure what it does. A couple different looking fonts/icons but not really sure what else. Did it update Gracenote?

Sponsored

Pero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pero
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Fastback Ingot Silver MT82 MagneRide B&O
He has a 2016. 3.0 is the highest he can go afaik.
Uh, sorry - I missed that fact.
For me it was unusual to read this, since it is already one year old update.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Uh, sorry - I missed that fact.
For me it was unusual to read this, since it is already one year old update.
I was confused by the bump too (prior to your reply), so I tapped the bumpers profile to see what year his car was and saw 2016 and went “oh, that explains it”, as I was about to make a similar reply to yours lol

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
Updated mine last night over USB to 3.0. Over an hour and a half after putting in the USB with the motor running and the message telling me it was updating! I pulled the USB and cycled the car a few times after reinserting. After that it was like 10 minutes. Really wish Ford would get the update process a little more efficient. Wifi would be great since the car has access every night it's in the garage.

No problems updating to the Ford site.

Not sure what it does. A couple different looking fonts/icons but not really sure what else. Did it update Gracenote?
That release was mainly some bug fix items from memory. No new GN yet.

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Yeah, sorry. I saw the updates threads on 3.4 but it's not "officially" available for my 2016. But it made me look at what mine was and did the update to 3.0. Didn't even look at the dates of this thread when I posted. I was more curious what the update did than anything. So far, nothing special. Looking at 3.4 now.
Sponsored