Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

TorqueMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium
My car auto updated last week. I am not sure what was improved though.
According to Ford, this update adds Waze to the list of apps that you may run directly from Sync, and further adds to Alexa routines added in the last update.
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Ford lists the following as the file structure for SyncMyRide:

1607689307939.png

I don't have any of those exact names.
I'm assuming you went thru the VIN selector, and downloaded the archive and expanded it on the USB stick and that's the output... Those are just standard 'unix' compressed tar-format archive files. The installer program one directory up is just going to expand them and deploy to Sync3 hardware when you do the update. The naming of these individual archive files is not important (to owner).

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
We still don't have the CP based nav instruction displaying on the digital dash, assuming this update didn't change that[?]

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I was hoping Sync3 would give us an update with the blue theme without going to 3.4 version

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
1607719039531.png

Took less than 5 minutes. As usual, despite the message saying it takes effect the next time started, it took effect the 2nd time started.

Sponsored

texaswrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP MAGNETIC
Nothing new for us sorry sack 2015 owners I assume?

Fishels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT premium performance package.
Sorry to be THAT guy lol… but where is the link to the actual update file? I read the whole first page and didn’t see it.

I have a 2015 and when the weather cools down I’ll probably be upgrading and changing to a sync 3. Just wanted to make sure those updates are still available

_zOmbIE_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Badlands, 22 GT Prem PP
Sorry to be THAT guy lol… but where is the link to the actual update file? I read the whole first page and didn’t see it.

I have a 2015 and when the weather cools down I’ll probably be upgrading and changing to a sync 3. Just wanted to make sure those updates are still available
https://www.ford.com/support/sync-maps-updates/

I think that should work

Fishels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

Sponsored

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Thank you! But since my car is a 2015 wont it just provide updates for Sync 2?

edit: I checked and there is an update. But it appears to be an update for Sync 2 to version 3.10…. Hmmm how do you go about finding the update for sync 3?

You need to replace the entire APIM in order to jump to sync 3. You might as well shoot for sync 3.4 out of a 2018+ at this point.

Fishels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
You need to replace the entire APIM in order to jump to sync 3. You might as well shoot for sync 3.4 out of a 2018+ at this point.
I understand that. I think people May be misunderstanding my update question.

After I physically replace SYNC2 with a SYN3 unit how do I find the update for SYNC 3 if it is not already at 3.4?

The post at the top of this thread says to Update Sync 3 after getting the unit swapped out. But I can’t find the update since my Vin is a 2015. Does that make sense? It’s giving me an update for Sync 2 because my VIN is tied to a Sync 2. It’s a 2015

I need to know how to find that file when I switch out my APMI unless the kit I purchase already has it at 3.4 out of the box.

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP

After I physically replace SYNC2 with a SYN3 unit how do I find the update for SYNC 3 if it is not already at 3.4?

The post at the top of this thread says to Update Sync 3 after getting the unit swapped out. But I can’t find the update since my Vin is a 2015. Does that make sense? It’s giving me an update for Sync 2 because my VIN is tied to a Sync 2. It’s a 2015

I need to know how to find that file when I switch out my APMI unless the kit I purchase already has it at 3.4 out of the box.

You can either grab a vin from a newer car (maybe one that was totaled), or its possible to find people who have the files hosted on file sharing sites and posted to forums. Either here, the f150 forums or the fusion forums.

Also its worth noting that Sync 3 and Sync 3.4 are two different APIM's, so don't grab an APIM from a 16-17 car and think you can easily flash 3.4 to it. I believe there is a hacky way to force it on there, but Ford isn't putting 3.4 on cars that originally had 3.0

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV

CyanLabs - Ford Guides, Syn3 Updater And Much More!

Fishels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
You can either grab a vin from a newer car (maybe one that was totaled), or its possible to find people who have the files hosted on file sharing sites and posted to forums. Either here, the f150 forums or the fusion forums.

Also its worth noting that Sync 3 and Sync 3.4 are two different APIM's, so don't grab an APIM from a 16-17 car and think you can easily flash 3.4 to it. I believe there is a hacky way to force it on there, but Ford isn't putting 3.4 on cars that originally had 3.0
Really?? That is wild why did they not allow an update from 3 to 3.4? What model did they start introducing 3.4? And what is better about it? I’m sorry I know that’s lots of questions.

I found a 2016 vin number and it says

SYNC GenerationSYNC 3
SYNC Version1.0.15139
SYNC Updates
Update Available3.0.20204
this is all so compliacted
Sponsored

Last edited: