Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
Try erasing all wifi settings and then reconnecting.
I've tried that. It works for a week or two and then the annoying prompt comes back. I guess I just have to wait for the next build.
Sponsored

Alloy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 EB
Official build from Ford.com or unofficial build from teh webz?
Sorry I meant to ask with the current 18093 build, what should the current Nav version be?

However, if there is a more updated web un official version, what would it be and how would I go about acquiring it?

Sponsored

xargon321

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 50th anniversary package
Nav is separate from sync updates, but i think the most current version of nav is 1.16 there is a site to buy the update for the maps but i cant think of it off hand

xraystyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium, Magnetic
How long do I have to wait after plugging in the flash drive before I see any kind of activity on the screen?

The first time I tried I had the directory structure on the flash drive wrong and it instantly threw an error, LS005, I think. I recall that means the list of files to be installed can't be found, which makes sense seeing as how the directory structure was incorrect.

I tried again with the folder structure set correctly and nothing happened. I tried again with a different flash drive, nothing happened.

I sat in the car for probably a good 20 minutes and nothing happened. Should I get some sort of feedback from the display that it's doing something? I even tried a factory reset and plugged in the flash drive again, same deal.

asteele

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo Titanium
It helps if you have a USB drive that has a built-in activity light, as you could then be seeing it flashing away to show its busy working. If all is going to plan, then it will be busy copying the install files off of your USB and into the system - and when the copying is fully complete - then you get to see a message that says "system update in progress...".

If you have an older slower USB drive, then the copying can take a long time... and there is nothing to indicate anything is happening - unless you have an activity light flashing at you.

It would be nice if it gave you an initial message of "copying files from your USB" and when done another message that says "system update in progress" - but no such luck! :)

EcoBoomer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Base EB; Performance Pack; Power Pack; Magnetic Metallic
How long do I have to wait after plugging in the flash drive before I see any kind of activity on the screen?

The first time I tried I had the directory structure on the flash drive wrong and it instantly threw an error, LS005, I think. I recall that means the list of files to be installed can't be found, which makes sense seeing as how the directory structure was incorrect.

I tried again with the folder structure set correctly and nothing happened. I tried again with a different flash drive, nothing happened.

I sat in the car for probably a good 20 minutes and nothing happened. Should I get some sort of feedback from the display that it's doing something? I even tried a factory reset and plugged in the flash drive again, same deal.
Just curious - What format did you choose for your drive, and did you format it in Windows or Mac?

Sponsored

xraystyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just curious - What format did you choose for your drive, and did you format it in Windows or Mac?
Formatted on a Mac as FAT32 with MBR. I know the car can read the drive, because it threw the LS005 or whatever error the first time I tried it with the wrong directory structure on the flash drive.

Gonna try again tonight, I have to be in the car for almost an hour after work. I'll just plug it in and let it sit while I'm in traffic.

xraystyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I've had the drive plugged in for almost 45 minutes, still nothing. Gotta be something with the drive or the formatting, this is bullshit.

asteele

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo Titanium
Did you extract the downloaded software file onto an empty USB? This is the most common cause for problems.

When you view the USB contents, you should see only two files, called autoinstall.lst and dontindx.msa and one directory called SyncMyRide which contains the GZ file(s).

If you see a single file which looks like my description above when you click on it... then this is the compressed file which needs to be extracted first.

I hope that makes sense!
usb-1.JPG
usb-2.JPG

xraystyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you extract the downloaded software file onto an empty USB? This is the most common cause for problems.

When you view the USB contents, you should see only two files, called autoinstall.lst and dontindx.msa and one directory called SyncMyRide which contains the GZ file(s).
Yeah, it's definitely correct. I'm gonna reformat the drive and re-download the update file before I try again.

Approximately how long does it take from the time the drive is plugged into the car until the update starts? When I've done this previously I don't remember it taking more than 5 minutes or so.

asteele

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo Titanium
It depends on how long it takes for the Sync3 system to copy the files off of the USB, as it is only after the copy has taken place that you get to see any messages that it is doing anything.

As a rough guide, note how long it takes to copy the files onto the USB from your computer - and then double it - that should give you with a worst case time for Sync3 to copy them back.
Sponsored