Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
so my problem with Android Auto is that whenever I use navigation, mostly Waze, after the voice gives me directions and it goes back to the audio the volume of the audio is about 1/2 of what it was and I have to manually increase the volume. Is there someplace in the settings of Waze that I can adjust.
It's a pain to keep cranking the volume after directions.
this is happening to me as well, I came here to try and search for an updated version of sync to try and fix it.
Sponsored

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
BTW is the one posted on owner.ford.com 18025 or 18093?

I just updated via that website and the usb method but it still says 18025.

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
BTW is the one posted on owner.ford.com 18025 or 18093?

I just updated via that website and the usb method but it still says 18025.
It was 18093 for me when I updated through the website. It takes like 5-10 minutes for the update to show after you installed it.

cswimbound

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
so my problem with Android Auto is that whenever I use navigation, mostly Waze, after the voice gives me directions and it goes back to the audio the volume of the audio is about 1/2 of what it was and I have to manually increase the volume. Is there someplace in the settings of Waze that I can adjust.
It's a pain to keep cranking the volume after directions.
I can also confirm that I have the same issue. It is quite annoying having to adjust the volume level after each Waze prompt when using AA.

Sponsored

ssj92

Photon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special
Just wanted to let y'all know if you're having the same issue as me (SYNC rebooting by itself) you probably have a bad APIM module. Dealer replaced mine under warranty.

Works good again

bigjohns97

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT 401a M6 RR
It was 18093 for me when I updated through the website. It takes like 5-10 minutes for the update to show after you installed it.
I applied it again today and i said i already have the update and its still 18025, I wonder if its different for different year models.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram 1500 Limited
I applied it again today and i said i already have the update and its still 18025, I wonder if its different for different year models.
Sync3 is the same no matter the year. If you want the 18093 you need to dig through this thread for the info to do it. You will most likely need to edit the autoinstall.lst file so it ignores the version checking.

Dana's_1TRKPNY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium | 2017 GMC Sierra 3500HD
I have read the majority of this thread (eyes are crossed now). :inspect:
I have been having my 2016 GT Premium since January of 2016 - its NON-NAV which is still on Version 1.0 because EVERY SINGLE TIME in the past 2+ years, I go the Ford Owners website to download the update, I get a message stating that my update could not be downloaded at this time. VERY FRUSTRATING! I am an IT Professional and this got me feeling like I am Stupid! I have tried every browser that I can think of, 4 different desktops, 3 different laptops, 2 tablets, Windows 7, Windows 10, my corporate network, my home network, McDonald's WiFi, the hotspot on my iPhone and still NOTHING.

From what i have read in this thread, since I am still on v1.0, I need to upgrade to v2.2. then v2.3 (maybe?), then v3.0 build 18025 and finally v3.0 build 18093 (I have to have WAZE:handsinair:). Is this correct?

I have found v2.3 non-nav file from: https://www.4dtech.com/software-updates/ (I will pull the hub to make sure I grab the correct file).

I already downloaded v3.0 build 10825 which is JR3T-14G381-AL and v3.0 build 18093 which is JR3T-14G381-AM.

I plan to follow the instructions listed by EcoBoomer:
I was updating from 18025 to 18093 and continued to get the same error message regardless of what I tried (disconnect battery cable to dump anything resident in memory, turning off blutooth etc). I read on other Ford sites and the problem has to do with the limited memory available in the non-nav apim. (As is often stated - it has nothing to do with your flash drive). Some had success rearranging the order of the file installations but I found that their order solution was the same order as the present download for the Mustang. It didn't work for me. Some did re-installs back to earlier versions (your 2.2 for example) but you are there and it isn't working for you. It's been determined that the install gets hung up on the 451.3MB and/or 772.1MB files; there isn't enough memory to unpack them both. Their workaround was to delete some of the files, do the install, then delete the other files, while restoring the first deleted files, and do the install again. None of the directions I found were done on 18093, this most recent one, and there are a different number of files with different names across the models, so really nothing to go by.

SO.... Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.

Here's what I did, I started with removing only one file at a time and it seems to have worked flawlessly.

1. Unpack the JR3T-14G381-AM.zip to your desktop and copy the contents of the JR3T-14G381-AM folder to your flash drive. Work only from your flash drive from this point on.
2. Delete the JR3T-14G423-BA.tar.gz file (772.1mb) from the SyncMyRide folder on your flash drive.
3. Open the autoinstall.lst with a text editor (TextEdit on a Mac or Notepad in Windows) on your flash and delete lines - Item3 and Open3.
4. Remove the spaces where Item3 andOpen3 resided and rename Item4 and Open4 to Item3 andOpen3. EVERYTHING ELSE SHOULD STAY AS IT IS.
5. Save the file with the same name - autoinstall.lst.
2018-09-04-02-54-56-pm-png.png

6. Take the flash to your car and do the install. It should update successfully and basically tell you that you are finished. But you are not. (I checked the Sync screen and it still showed 18025).
7. Take your flash back to your computer and do the same thing except you will copy the "BA" file from the SyncMyRide folder on your desktop to the same folder on the flash drive.
8. Now, delete the "AM" file - JR3T-14G381-AM.tar.gz (451.3mb) on your flash drive.
9. For simplicity sake, I copied the original autoinstall.lst from the desktop and overwrote the modified one on the flash drive and did steps 3,4, and 5 again, this time deleting Item2 and Open2 lines, removing spaces, and renaming Item3 and Open3 to 2, and Item/Open 4 to 3
10. Repeat step 6 and it SHOULD work for you (caveat emptor). I checked the Sync screen and it shows version 18093. I tested all the functions and everything seems to work fine. It even seems to be quicker - but that could be me wanting it to be so!

Godspeed!
Am I missing anything here? Or do I need to make any changes to my plan of attack before I tackle this beast?

Thanks in advance!
-Dana

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I have read the majority of this thread (eyes are crossed now). :inspect:
I have been having my 2016 GT Premium since January of 2016 - its NON-NAV which is still on Version 1.0 because EVERY SINGLE TIME in the past 2+ years, I go the Ford Owners website to download the update, I get a message stating that my update could not be downloaded at this time. VERY FRUSTRATING! I am an IT Professional and this got me feeling like I am Stupid! I have tried every browser that I can think of, 4 different desktops, 3 different laptops, 2 tablets, Windows 7, Windows 10, my corporate network, my home network, McDonald's WiFi, the hotspot on my iPhone and still NOTHING.

From what i have read in this thread, since I am still on v1.0, I need to upgrade to v2.2. then v2.3 (maybe?), then v3.0 build 18025 and finally v3.0 build 18093 (I have to have WAZE:handsinair:). Is this correct?

I have found v2.3 non-nav file from: https://www.4dtech.com/software-updates/ (I will pull the hub to make sure I grab the correct file).

I already downloaded v3.0 build 10825 which is JR3T-14G381-AL and v3.0 build 18093 which is JR3T-14G381-AM.

I plan to follow the instructions listed by EcoBoomer:

Am I missing anything here? Or do I need to make any changes to my plan of attack before I tackle this beast?

Thanks in advance!
-Dana
You should just be able to go from v1.0 to the most recent.

Sponsored

Dana's_1TRKPNY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium | 2017 GMC Sierra 3500HD
You should just be able to go from v1.0 to the most recent.
Thanks! I guess I will try to tackle it tonight. Fingers crossed that I don't screw it up completely :fingerscrossed:

@TexasRebel - yesterday i ordered the new hub for the CarPlay....do you think i should wait to do the upgrade after I swap the hub out?

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Thanks! I guess I will try to tackle it tonight. Fingers crossed that I don't screw it up completely :fingerscrossed:

@TexasRebel - yesterday i ordered the new hub for the CarPlay....do you think i should wait to do the upgrade after I swap the hub out?
No reason to. Plenty of people that don't use Apple Carplay never swapped the hub out.

Once you do, it will recognize a new USB device and might act funny the first time, but that'll only happen once (maybe again if you ever have to unplug the port to remove the center).

whokilledkaji

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Premium
I haven't taken delivery of my 2018 Ecoboost Premium yet (I live in Japan!) and my 2015 has MFT...
I haven't used Sync 3 or carplay yet, but I'm excited... Well, I was until a started looking at this confusing thread.

Just basics:

I need to download an update to USB to get carplay? The updates are not via Wifi or anything like that?

Do I need to buy a new hub or any parts? I saw something about HU5Z-19A387-A... I assume I already have the neccesary hardware with a 2018 MY, right?

Any advice for a new user?

Thanks!

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
I haven't taken delivery of my 2018 Ecoboost Premium yet (I live in Japan!) and my 2015 has MFT...
I haven't used Sync 3 or carplay yet, but I'm excited... Well, I was until a started looking at this confusing thread.

Just basics:

I need to download an update to USB to get carplay? The updates are not via Wifi or anything like that?

Do I need to buy a new hub or any parts? I saw something about HU5Z-19A387-A... I assume I already have the neccesary hardware with a 2018 MY, right?

Any advice for a new user?

Thanks!
Hey you!

The USB hub and manual update to get CarPlay was only required for 2016 models - you'll be fine. Both the software and hardware were present in 2017-onwards.