GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
some of the upcoming v3.2_17288 features..custom wallpaer is making its way back:eyebulge: (sources:fusion 2G, italian sync forum)
20171227_163227.jpg
custombg.jpg
20171227_163256.jpg
Sponsored

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
some of the upcoming v3.2_17288 features..custom wallpaer is making its way back:eyebulge: (sources:fusion 2G, italian sync forum)
Nice!! :headbang:

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
LOL i was going to say, i cant load 2.3 but i can 3.0
i remember someone on the f150 forums found out why. The way 2.3 voice files were packed I think made it during unpacking too big.

Sponsored

Dirtyblueshirt

Award Winning Taste™
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
There already isn't enough memory to load the updates...
It would seem we will now have to wait until Ford deems us worthy of 3.2... so... probably Late 2037.

asteele

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo Titanium
Successfully installed ver 3.0 build 17307 (EU) ... and I tweaked the autoinstall command to:

Options = AutoInstall,Delay,Include,Transaction

I was hoping that the "Transaction" option was the trigger for the install process to write an update file back to the USB which I can use to upload to Ford - but no such luck.

Can anyone please tell me how I can generate the XML file for Ford?

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
so this warning admin posting is going on other forums people post links too?

asteele

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo Titanium
I haven't seen anyone else posting the message - but I would assume it would be directed towards numerous sites... of which there are loads! Europe has lots of sites already talking about 3.2 , unfortunately I don't speak German - so can't learn much.

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I don't think Ford has any idea what they are doing in the software game...

Unless one of their employees, or an employee of an affiliate, violated an NDA, preventing system hacking isn't something they can do. As long as people aren't passing the software as their own (selling the hacking method is legal though as long as copies of the software aren't sold to unlicensed entities).

Apple even tried it with no success. They had to design their software to identify hacks and shutdown continued support for non-compliant systems (which is perfectly fine).

Sponsored
OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
i heard 3.2 is circulating, but could be EU version

asteele

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo Titanium
I think that Ford have really missed an opportunity to have customers become completely loyal to Sync3 - it should have regular updates and new features being delivered over Wi-Fi as promised. It should have a good range of apps too.

This would ensure it is miles ahead of every other manufacturer and it would make a Ford driver who loves their Sync3 very hesitant to move to a different make of car.

Ford YouTube advert/demo for Sync3 are about 18 months old now and show features and apps that we still don't have.

Alternatively Ford could do the very minimum and not have Sync3 wow their customers sufficiently to keep customers totally loyal.

I am sure if it was easy then Ford would see it done, but it is frustrating to not be told more about what is going on and to fuel or enthusiasm and passion for the product. :)

asteele

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo Titanium
Hi, anyone else seeing a problem with 3.0 build 17307 in that voice commands keep defaulting to Advanced mode OFF? I can set Advanced mode on again, but it goes back to off when restarting the car later.

I haven't tried doing a full reset - as it is such a pain re-entering navigation favourites... but I'll do it to address this issue if that helps.

Otherwise I will install previous build 17194 again... :)

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Im hearing that the updated 3.0 gets rid of wifi prompts?

asteele

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo Titanium
Yes, if you are referring to 3.0 build 17194 - this is my favourite, no issues that I am aware of. No more wifi pop-ups with this build... :)

There is a newer 3.0 build 17307 - I do not know what this fixes, but it does introduce a bug where you can not set voice commands to be in advanced mode, well you can - but next time you restart the vehicle advanced mode is off again.

(Advanced Mode means that you can issue voice commands faster, as the system is listening to you from the moment you press the button. When not in advanced mode, you have to wait for the system to verbally prompt you for your command - which takes some extra time.)
Sponsored