Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
Doesn't the cop marking feature depend on real-time user input? If so, wouldn't the chance of marking a cop in a small town be low?
Yes I believe that is the case though I get the feeling sometimes that it tries to predict frequently used speed trap locations although I have nothing to back that up.

I have had fairly good result in the mountains of NC which I would consider sparsely populated. In the end it's a game of statistics. Even radar detectors working ideally rely on there being other cars ahead of you for the cop to shoot at before you get to him. (Unless it's an old always on style radar I guess). So in my mind using a detector for protection in a small town is going to be less likely to work too.

Bottom line is that it's a free resource that is super useful in a world where you can't get much for free anymore.
Sponsored

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP Race Red
Does the update have to be done using the center console USB port? I replaced the center console hub before updating sync so I'm trying to do the update using the USB port underneath the screen. After 45 mins of ''updating system software'' I decided to turn it off and back on and got ''the installation has run out of space or does not work with this version''

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Installed old USB hub, same issue. After 30 mins of idle car eventually shuts off if I don't override. Any suggestions? Will be trying with a different flash drive next

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
If/when Ford comes through with the actual update, will it overwrite this firmware?

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
Installed old USB hub, same issue. After 30 mins of idle car eventually shuts off if I don't override. Any suggestions? Will be trying with a different flash drive next
I had to do a factory reset in order to upgrade mine successfully. If a different flash drive doesn't work for you you'll have to do the same.

Sponsored

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had to do a factory reset in order to upgrade mine successfully. If a different flash drive doesn't work for you you'll have to do the same.
A factory reset worked perfectly!! Thank you

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Took almost an hour, but finally updated through USB stick. As others have mentioned, make sure you're using a quality USB cable. I couldn't get the AA or Waze to work right and thought I was missing a setting or that the app just want downloading into Sync.

Appears to work now. Can't wait to test run the Waze.

Sera550

#5pointohmy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
16 GT PP
Alright, guys, here's a lesson for those who have modified the as-builts through ForSCAN:

RETURN YOUR AS-BUILTS TO FACTORY FIRST!

Took me approximately 3 hours and near 55 minutes to get my system updated to SYNC 3 v2.2 from S3v1.0.

I had altered my vehicle to display the GT350R anim. and display the heat and cool for my seats. I figured "one SYNC to rule them all" and it may very well be so but I could not for the life of me get the damned thing to update with modified as-builts.

I did 4 factory resets in total and I had a hell of a time changing my as-builts back to stock. Not really sure why but my computer wasn't connecting to my OBDLink so there was that problem then I couldn't write to my APIM then I ran out of gas (not really, just need some dramatic effect) then I attempted 7 times to update the system software. Nightmare update for sure but it seems to have worked.

My start up sequence glimmers the pony about 3 times before going to the home screen so it feels like it's slow but the rest of the system is just as fast or faster than v1.0.

Figured I'd share my woes so others (hopefully) don't have the same problems!

Now to update my USB module...

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Alright, guys, here's a lesson for those who have modified the as-builts through ForSCAN:

This was not an issue for me.
I had modified the double-honk, I have my amber/tails always-on, and I'd switched to the GT startup screen.

No issues going to v2.2_17011 other than the Gracenotes bug.

nrothaar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Took me approximately 3 hours and near 55 minutes to get my system updated to SYNC 3 v2.2 from S3v1.0.

I had altered my vehicle to display the GT350R anim. and display the heat and cool for my seats. I figured "one SYNC to rule them all" and it may very well be so but I could not for the life of me get the damned thing to update with modified as-builts.

I did 4 factory resets in total and I had a hell of a time changing my as-builts back to stock. Not really sure why but my computer wasn't connecting to my OBDLink so there was that problem then I couldn't write to my APIM then I ran out of gas (not really, just need some dramatic effect) then I attempted 7 times to update the system software. Nightmare update for sure but it seems to have worked.

My start up sequence glimmers the pony about 3 times before going to the home screen so it feels like it's slow but the rest of the system is just as fast or faster than v1.0.

Figured I'd share my woes so others (hopefully) don't have the same problems!

Now to update my USB module...
Good to know. I was wondering if this would be an issue. I didn't have any problems with mine due to changing the as-built but I only did high beams + fogs and fogs + turn signals.

Sponsored

DraXxus1549

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
This was not an issue for me.
I had modified the double-honk, I have my amber/tails always-on, and I'd switched to the GT startup screen.

No issues going to v2.2_17011 other than the Gracenotes bug.
Any idea if a fix has been found for the gracenote issue?

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
can someone link me 2.2 17011? owner.ford refuses to give me the link as it infinitely loads even on the update page with a wrecked 2016 vin. nvm i got it from a mirror link.

Last edited:

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I have to say, I haven't experienced any lag or other weird issues with Waze like I've seen from others. It's not the prettiest map since it lacks color and sharpness, but it works faster than the Sync3.

There are a couple things that bug me, though. I'd like to see the audio info somewhere. There's plenty of room to add a small font of current channel/artist type info. Secondly, Waze loses the temperature reading. I guess I never realized how often I looked at the temp until it wasn't there. But often I compare my IAT to the outdoor temp. If they could peg that up in the corner it would be cool.

One thing that I'd prefer as an ergonomic issue is moving the marker button to the left side of the screen for easier access. If I want to mark a cop or other traffic issue, then I have to reach across to the right side to hit it. If it were on the left I could hit that without looking away from the road knowing it was right at my fingertip.

Overall, I'm impressed with Waze. OK Google works well, too. If we can customize the screen and colors AA will be almost perfect.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I have to say, I haven't experienced any lag or other weird issues with Waze like I've seen from others. It's not the prettiest map since it lacks color and sharpness, but it works faster than the Sync3.

There are a couple things that bug me, though. I'd like to see the audio info somewhere. There's plenty of room to add a small font of current channel/artist type info. Secondly, Waze loses the temperature reading. I guess I never realized how often I looked at the temp until it wasn't there. But often I compare my IAT to the outdoor temp. If they could peg that up in the corner it would be cool.

One thing that I'd prefer as an ergonomic issue is moving the marker button to the left side of the screen for easier access. If I want to mark a cop or other traffic issue, then I have to reach across to the right side to hit it. If it were on the left I could hit that without looking away from the road knowing it was right at my fingertip.

Overall, I'm impressed with Waze. OK Google works well, too. If we can customize the screen and colors AA will be almost perfect.
my friend said the same thing and he has a honda, i guess the second time around it smoothes itself out, my initial reaction was from the first time
Sponsored