NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

brock2621

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special
So real quick, when unzipped, do I drag all 7 of these into the root of the thumb drive and my Mustang will know which one to use?

EDIT: Welp, I can confirm this does NOT work if you're already running the older 2.2 from January, even after a MASTER RESET.
Sponsored

Last edited:

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
So real quick, when unzipped, do I drag all 7 of these into the root of the thumb drive and my Mustang will know which one to use?
Sorry but I don't see your image. You should however have 2 files and a folder. You move all 3 (the 2 files and the folder) to the usb stick.

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55

EDIT: Welp, I can confirm this does NOT work if you're already running the older 2.2 from January, even after a MASTER RESET.

https://ibb.co/m6TLwQ
You shouldn't have all the files within the folder showing. Just the folder and the install file and dontindx file. There's images on the ford site that help.

brock2621

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
You shouldn't have all the files within the folder showing. Just the folder and the install file and dontindx file. There's images on the ford site that help.
Aight, lemme try again... appreciate you two.

EDIT: So I'm on a Mac, and everytime I unzip the file, it gives me a folder, and inside are all those files... I don't get it: https://ibb.co/m6TLwQ

Last edited:

Sponsored

K'stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost premium
So, no OTA update if the car is connected to WiFi?

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Aight, lemme try again... appreciate you two.

EDIT: So I'm on a Mac, and everytime I unzip the file, it gives me a folder, and inside are all those files... I don't get it: https://ibb.co/m6TLwQ
edit: wow I missed an important page showing its up on ford owner site now wow

So, no OTA update if the car is connected to WiFi?
nope, just download the file from ford owner..

does the SA stand for stand-alone?

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
Updates fine for me. From January 2.2 build 16280 to the current 2.2 17011.
i am going to try to update now myself

chewy2314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - DIB - Auto
well, update did not work for me. started car and left 32GB USB in place for over 40 mins and the car shuts off, crap. I started the car back up and sync still showed updating system message.

Tried again with different USB and this time, drove around abit. sync still showed updating system message.

Then i plugged the old USB hub back and still the same. guess, i'll try again tomorrow and drive for an hour.

1024GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I may put this in tomorrow but ...what exactly do we get besides the sync mimicking the iphone screen? Can I unlock the car with my app or anything cool?

Sponsored

brock2621

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
Ok I feel like a moron, I was able to do this easily in January but now when I unzip the file I'm getting 5 separate "syncmyride" .gz files. I've tried 2 separate Macs at my house with the same results: https://ibb.co/m6TLwQ

This is a dumb request, but can someone unzip and organize the nav version of this and then upload the folder (not zipped) to dropbox or g-drive or something somewhere?

chewy2314

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - DIB - Auto
well, update did not work for me. started car and left 32GB USB in place for over 40 mins and the car shuts off, crap. I started the car back up and sync still showed updating system message.

Tried again with different USB and this time, drove around abit. sync still showed updating system message.

Then i plugged the old USB hub back and still the same. guess, i'll try again tomorrow and drive for an hour.
Well I decided to see if the system was okay and it did update to 2.2.

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
i am going to try to update now myself
The first part only took a few minutes and a message quickly displayed on my screen before it restarted. I restarted the car and still had the old version. I plugged the stick in again and I'm sitting at the screen with updating system software. It's been at least 15 minutes.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
anybody did the new update over the unofficial one upgrading 2.2 to the official 2.2 17011?

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
anybody did the new update over the unofficial one? went from 16280 to 17011
Trying now as my previous post just mentioned. Part 1 was quick but after a restart it was still the old. I turned my car back on and plugged the stick in again and updating system software was going for like 20 minutes. I turned off the car and started up again 10 minutes later and the updating system software is still on top.

Sounds like I have the same thing Chewy ran in to.
Sponsored