Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
What year is your Mustang? Do you have Navigation on your car or no Navigation?
the VIN provides all of that info if you look it up on http://etis.ford.com

vehicle has nav, and sync III

He's doing what he needs to do. I think it's just an off-brand/low-quality flash drive issue and the APIM isn't playing nice.
Sponsored

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost

He's doing what he needs to do. I think it's just an off-brand/low-quality flash drive issue and the APIM isn't playing nice.
Agreed... Hope all turns out well.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I've tried a couple times and haven't gotten it to work. I was hoping now that Ford was updating other 2016s they would release the Mustang's also

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
I did the manual update posted on this thread and it worked out just fine. Very happy and a whole different experience than just using Sync 3. Android Auto is so much nicer. I am posting my videos below on the setup. Still need to take another video using Android Auto, but it works fine like I said.

Is the top video accurate? I thought it was two files, un zip first one, install, clean off, unzip second one, install.

Anyway, I saw on the car in settings, turn on android auto, but other than that, no change at all.?

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Current USB is 8GB, but I have only been formatting in FAT32. Ill try exFAT next.

VIN is 1FA6P8TH9G5202683

UPDATE: Just tried reformatting to exFAT and tried update again. Still ran into same error of running out of storage space or incompatible with this version.
Like I said try bigger size usb drive first like 16GB

Sponsored

nappynick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
'16 Oxford White GT PP
What new maps are you talking about?

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So how do I get maps on my android to shownp on the sync? I am pretty sure it updated correctly, but I can not see any changes?

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
So how do I get maps on my android to shown on the sync? I am pretty sure it updated correctly, but I can not see any changes?
You should have an Android Auto Preference icon menu on the last screen on the Sync 3 if correctly updated (Settings--Android Auto Preferences). Go in there and enable the option and then also open Android Auto on your Android phone once you have connected the phone to the car via the USB. Follow the on screen prompts on your Android phone. Once set up, every time you plug in the USB from your phone to the Mustang's USBs, Android Auto will auto load all the time. I will try to do a video and post in case you still can't get it to work. You should also check under the About menu to ensure the update was successful (Settings--General--About SYNC). Refer to my video to check the version.

[ame]

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You should have an Android Auto Preference icon menu on the last screen on the Sync 3 if correctly updated (Settings--Android Auto Preferences). Go in there and enable the option and then also open Android Auto on your Android phone once you have connected the phone to the car via the USB. Follow the on screen prompts on your Android phone. Once set up, every time you plug in the USB from your phone to the Mustang's USBs, Android Auto will auto load all the time. I will try to do a video and post in case you still can't get it to work. You should also check under the About menu to ensure the update was successful (Settings--General--About SYNC). Refer to my video to check the version.

Either USB? Dangnabit, still no joy.

I do have 2.2 installed. Note 4 on marshmallow.

Last edited:

Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Either USB? Dangnabit, still no joy.

I do have 2.2 installed. Note 4 on marshmallow.
did you enable Android Auto in the car? do you have the Android Auto app installed on the phone?.......

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
did you enable Android Auto in the car? do you have the Android Auto app installed on the phone?.......
Yes to both. My usb is sort of built into the front usb port, I have not tried the rear usb port, I'm out of town.

Synyster06Gates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Did the update and installed the new USB port and all is well! Apple CarPlay works great - now I just need more apps.

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking on the phone menu, it has accepted and rejected cars under connected cars, and there are none. Can't figure out how to get it accepted.

RTRFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang

What year is your Mustang? Do you have Navigation on your car or no Navigation?
To me it sounds like ur trying to install the NAV version on a NON Nav system . (not saying that what u do, just stating :) )
i have done it just fine with a 4GB USB Drive, no need for a USB3, our car only accept USB2 max.

Can u please move the files to ur drive and then upload a pic of how the files look on the drive?
also upload a pick of ur "About" screen from the headunit?
Like I said try bigger size usb drive first like 16GB
Victory is MINE!

Just did a successful upgrade. Looks like the bigger USB was the key to the solution.

I used a 32gb and reformatted it to exFAT... worked like a charm!

Thank you guys for the help...This is why I love this forum.
Sponsored