Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
lol that is your prototypical Apple/iphone sheep right there! its better simply because its Apple, even though its actually not

End of March, when will the official update for 2016's be available to mustang owners?
dude just do this update yourself, its not ever coming from Ford, I dont think they ever actually planned on it
Sponsored

Last edited:

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
I did the manual update posted on this thread and it worked out just fine. Very happy and a whole different experience than just using Sync 3. Android Auto is so much nicer. I am posting my videos below on the setup. Still need to take another video using Android Auto, but it works fine like I said.

[ame]

[ame]

[ame]

RTRFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
first page has tutorials
Thanks for the help.

I've actually tried all the tips on the main page already and today I have had my 4th failed attempt.

I downloaded the 2.2 update with Nav from 2 different sources and each time I get the same error message.

"The update has ran out of storage space or is not compatible with this version."

Has anyone else ran into this situation????

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the help.

I've actually tried all the tips on the main page already and today I have had my 4th failed attempt.

I downloaded the 2.2 update with Nav from 2 different sources and each time I get the same error message.

"The update has ran out of storage space or is not compatible with this version."

Unfortunately mine is the non-navi version and it worked. Not sure about the Navi users. Maybe try to contact the originator of this thread?

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
Thanks for the help.

give us a VIN and we can probably help more.
Past that, try a different USB stick and make sure you're formatting FAT32.

unrelated:

iOS 10.3 came out with new stuff for CarPlay!

Sponsored

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the help.

Is your USB drive 4GB or higher? That's one of the requirements. Also you can try exFAT formatting. That's what I used instead of FAT32. I also suggest what #TexasRebel mentioned.

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't

RTRFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Is your USB drive 4GB or higher? That's one of the requirements. Also you can try exFAT formatting. That's what I used instead of FAT32. I also suggest what #TexasRebel mentioned.
give us a VIN and we can probably help more.
Past that, try a different USB stick and make sure you're formatting FAT32.

Current USB is 8GB, but I have only been formatting in FAT32. Ill try exFAT next.

VIN is 1FA6P8TH9G5202683

UPDATE: Just tried reformatting to exFAT and tried update again. Still ran into same error of running out of storage space or incompatible with this version.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
I don't know if it matters, but I went ahead a found a Lincoln MKS that needed the v2.2 update. This is similar to what the screen will look like if Ford ever gets around to it...

picture.png

Note that it says 32GB flash drive.

Then it says only 2GB on the next screen...
picture.png

RTRFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
I don't know if it matters, but I went ahead a found a Lincoln MKS that needed the v2.2 update. This is similar to what the screen will look like if Ford ever gets around to it...

picture.png

Note that it says 32GB flash drive.

Then it says only 2GB on the next screen...
picture.png
Thanks for the help with this... I've got a bigger flash drive I can use that I will try next.

Stay tuned for next update.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Current USB is 8GB, but I have only been formatting in FAT32. Ill try exFAT next.

VIN is 1FA6P8TH9G5202683

UPDATE: Just tried reformatting to exFAT and tried update again. Still ran into same error of running out of storage space or incompatible with this version.

I got your pm first then saw this, yeah you need 16GB size..even though the file size fits in 8GB, it will unzip the files into usb therefore running out of space..make it a 3.0 speed if you're going out to buy one.. nav version is the easiest one of all. good luck

m.a.s.e

Ninja
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maserecordingstudio.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB

VIN is 1FA6P8TH9G5202683

To me it sounds like ur trying to install the NAV version on a NON Nav system . (not saying that what u do, just stating :) )
i have done it just fine with a 4GB USB Drive, no need for a USB3, our car only accept USB2 max.

Can u please move the files to ur drive and then upload a pic of how the files look on the drive?
also upload a pick of ur "About" screen from the headunit?

BoosTang23T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

VIN is 1FA6P8TH9G5202683

What year is your Mustang? Do you have Navigation on your car or no Navigation?
Sponsored