GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe I'm going crazy, but I could have sworn that if I read it on my phone then hit refresh it would mark it as read in sync as well.
sometimes you might get the opposite; you're driving along and a text comes through, you read it on sync 3 but your phone still shows as unread:cheers:
Sponsored

ColtonimusPrime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chip
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I'm not sure if this has been asked in the thread yet. There's a lot of pages to go through. 2 quick questions though. I'm assuming that if you install the update and any sort of problem arises with the head unit that a warranty claim would be out of the question?

And also, say you install this one, and the official one gets released, could you install the official over this and would Ford know whether or not that was done?

Sponsored

awmustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EcoBoost Premium PP
NAv or non-nav?

If you have any 2016 Ford model running SYNC 3 WITHOUT Navigation Use the links below (1.0/1.1):
(DO NOT USE ON 2017 NON-NAVIGATION 2.0 UNITS OR YOU WILL DAMAGE YOUR UNIT)
I have Nav. So there isn't any warning on the Nav link to not use it, but everything in the post says it's specifically for 2016 cars, that's why I asked it anyone had done it on a 2017 yet?

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Shadow Black
I have Nav. So there isn't any warning on the Nav link to not use it, but everything in the post says it's specifically for 2016 cars, that's why I asked it anyone had done it on a 2017 yet?
I'm not sure if you want to do that, this update is for Sync 3 version 1 only. Does your '17 not have AA or CP?

If your system is anything other than version 1 I wouldn't do it personally.

EDIT: The OP says this, THESE FILES WORK ON ANY US/CAN 2016 SYNC 3 MODELS RUNNING 1.0/1.1/2.0
UPDATED: FEB 19, 2017 so now I'm not sure if it would make any difference to upgrade a '17 with 2.0 software.

Last edited:

Sponsored

m.a.s.e

Ninja
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maserecordingstudio.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB

MartinZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 Ecoboost
Thank you all!

HizliBullet and everyone else that posted help files, firmware, USB modules, results..etc..etc. I got so sick of waiting for Ford - it is crazy! So I finally figured I'd have to pay for the upgrade anyway (to support iOS), why wait any longer. The upgrade and module replacement went very smooth. I love it! Ford did a really nice job with it - having both Ford Sync and Apple Carplay. Why they won't roll this out for people I have no idea. Thanks again !!

olla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So imagine for all of us installing this unauthorized copy and then Ford does an OTA update and it bricks your unit a la Apple or Nintendo? Lol. Although I highly doubt the engineers at ford can do such thing. It seems they hire only incompetent people at Ford.

m.a.s.e

Ninja
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.maserecordingstudio.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB
So imagine for all of us installing this unauthorized copy and then Ford does an OTA update and it bricks your unit a la Apple or Nintendo? Lol. Although I highly doubt the engineers at ford can do such thing. It seems they hire only incompetent people at Ford.
Well, given the fact that it has been 1.5 years and there is STILL no OTA update in sight, i highly doubt ford will even know how to release an update.
i personally gave up completely on waiting on Ford, they flat out lied and gave a shit service when it comes to the sync. i upgraded using these files here and couldnt be happier.
Sponsored