t2j

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Two things:
1- The USB module might not be genuine ford part.
2- Try to reinstall your update file, just make sure that you download it from the owner.ford.com(You have to have the sync3 apim's original car's vin number) website and not from someone else's cloud drive (just to make sure you get all the required files and packages)
Two things:
1- The USB module might not be genuine ford part.
2- Try to reinstall your update file, just make sure that you download it from the owner.ford.com(You have to have the sync3 apim's original car's vin number) website and not from someone else's cloud drive (just to make sure you get all the required files and packages)
I appreciate the help guys. The software update download was in fact straight from the MyFord website. I've pretty much ruled out the usb module at this point. I should still be able to see the CarPlay and AndroidAuto preferences button with or without the new module correct?

Edit: Just tried downloading the software again. When I try to extract the software, I get an error- Error 0x80004005. I'm using Windows
Sponsored

Emilbadal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emil
Vehicle(s)
2016 V6 Auto DIB
I’m not sure about your question, because on mine I remember the time that I didn’t see the AA or Apple carplay setting in preferences until I hooked up the USB to my phone and after that the preferences were accessible. If you’re absolutely sure about your Usb module, next step would be to double check the back of Apim for usb extension cable connection (mistakes could be made). When you connect your phone to usb, does your sync3 recognize the device at all?(not AA or Apple carplay just phone storage or something)

t2j

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
I’m not sure about your question, because on mine I remember the time that I didn’t see the AA or Apple carplay setting in preferences until I hooked up the USB to my phone and after that the preferences were accessible. If you’re absolutely sure about your Usb module, next step would be to double check the back of Apim for usb extension cable connection (mistakes could be made). When you connect your phone to usb, does your sync3 recognize the device at all?(not AA or Apple carplay just phone storage or something)
Yes, it does recognize my phone when I plug it in. Just tried plugging in the usb flash drive with the re-downloaded update. Got a “device recognized”, but nothing after that

t2j

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Update:

Was able to track down a file for the v2.2 update. Uploaded that and low and behold...

upload_2020-1-5_21-12-38.jpeg

We have a winner! Thanks to everyone who chimed in during this huge headache lol. So glad I didn’t cave in and take it to the stealership.

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
Update:

Was able to track down a file for the v2.2 update. Uploaded that and low and behold...

upload_2020-1-5_21-12-38.jpeg

We have a winner! Thanks to everyone who chimed in during this huge headache lol. So glad I didn’t cave in and take it to the stealership.
I am having the same issue - downloaded from Ford upgrading my '16 w/nav from 2.2 to 3.0. HAD Android Auto under 2.2 and now under v3/19205 the icon is gone. So what did you do to fix yours?

Sponsored

Multitask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2020 MKZ Hybrid
I am having the same issue - downloaded from Ford upgrading my '16 w/nav from 2.2 to 3.0. HAD Android Auto under 2.2 and now under v3/19205 the icon is gone. So what did you do to fix yours?
Might have to update your AA, or remove it and re-install it.... check all your settings on car and phone.... might have to enable it from either/both ends

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Might have to update your AA, or remove it and re-install it.... check all your settings on car and phone.... might have to enable it from either/both ends
Its part of the Android OS so it cannot be "uninstalled" and there is no AA Icon in Sync to make any setting too...sooooo....oh well I got my maps upgraded to 1.18 as well so AA is just a "nice to have" still bugs the crap out of me.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
So after reading a couple posts on other forums as well I decided to dig out an actual Samsung USB-C cable that came with my phone, rather than the one I had in my car (worked for charging just fine) and VIOLA plugged it in and AA saw the car, the car saw AA and all is good. Amazing that a cable works for charging but not the data transfer....

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
So after reading a couple posts on other forums as well I decided to dig out an actual Samsung USB-C cable that came with my phone, rather than the one I had in my car (worked for charging just fine) and VIOLA plugged it in and AA saw the car, the car saw AA and all is good. Amazing that a cable works for charging but not the data transfer....
Ha, didn’t think of that. Years ago we had charge only cables. It always the simple things. Glad it’s all fixed.

Sponsored

Multitask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2020 MKZ Hybrid
Yea, you'd think that they are all the same , but they are not... charging only, charging and data, like you know, makes a HUGE difference.... glad you got it working... now to get you on 3.0 8)

ssj92

Photon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special
I had the exact same issue a long time ago before where Carplay wasn't working after I updated to a newer 3.0 build, but my phone was charging and the carplay icon came up for a few seconds..

I was using a generic usb cable. Switched to the apple oem cable (they're even more strict with this type of stuff) and it worked.

Definitely first thing I'd recommend to anyone not using the original cables..

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Yea, you'd think that they are all the same , but they are not... charging only, charging and data, like you know, makes a HUGE difference.... glad you got it working... now to get you on 3.0 8)
The weird part is that the "charge only cable" worked with AA under 2.2 but on the upgrade to 3.0 it did not. THAT is what threw me for the loop - thought I had a known good cable.

muntega

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Man
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Can you see this in settings?
IMG_4032.JPG
Off-topic: how do you get the black and white view on your sync3?

C’mon ford! Where are your designers??? Can you create the matching colors for sync3 and digital dash?! Expected that on 3.4, but nooo, that ugly blue is just getting violetish, but nothing to do with the digital dash :(

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Off-topic: how do you get the black and white view on your sync3?

C’mon ford! Where are your designers??? Can you create the matching colors for sync3 and digital dash?! Expected that on 3.4, but nooo, that ugly blue is just getting violetish, but nothing to do with the digital dash :(
I pulled this pic off of Google. Didn’t notice the color. I have to check my car but doesn’t change at night?
Sponsored