NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

2016 GT/CS Laila

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4, 2018 Taurus
Likely because they aren't going to release that for the GT (the Ford GT, not the Mustang GT).

It may still be present under a different configuration... I'll play around with it a little when I go back to the OE pony this weekend. I just thought it was cool we could modify the opening splash to say GT. I'll bet the GT350 splash is still somewhere in there.
I knew what you meant, just figured that it would have updated with the new graphic. Should have at least gone back to the pony.
Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Mine still splashes a Pony. Don't know why they would change the GT's splash graphic.
Same here with my 2016 GT.

Maybe whatever originally hacked the theme to GT left something behind that confused the update and it defaulted to a generic blue oval.

2016 GT/CS Laila

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4, 2018 Taurus
Same here with my 2016 GT.

Maybe whatever originally hacked the theme to GT left something behind that confused the update and it defaulted to a generic blue oval.
I'm pretty sure Texas hacked his system to get the Ford GT splash screen. He maybe correct in the assumption that this build isn't going into the Ford GT.

Aubrey

GT4949
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Planning the next one!
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone cracked the Forscan codes to get the GT startup and blue colour scheme back?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I'm pretty sure Texas hacked his system to get the Ford GT splash screen. He maybe correct in the assumption that this build isn't going into the Ford GT.
That's my point. At some point, he changed the value in Forscan to the code for the GT theme. That code isn't recognized by the newest Sync Ford is offering us so it defaulted to the generic Ford screen. He can get the Pony screen back by changing the value in Forscan back to the original code for the car. Maybe the new Sync3 version has some new themes someone will discover playing with Forscan.

Sponsored

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
That's my point. At some point, he changed the value in Forscan to the code for the GT theme. That code isn't recognized by the newest Sync Ford is offering us so it defaulted to the generic Ford screen. He can get the Pony screen back by changing the value in Forscan back to the original code for the car. Maybe the new Sync3 version has some new themes someone will discover playing with Forscan.
You can see all of the themes present by holding FWD & Eject for a few seconds and going into the APIM diagnostics screen. It seems the Ford GT files were simply removed... Maybe an effort to save space?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
You can see all of the themes present by holding FWD & Eject for a few seconds and going into the APIM diagnostics screen. It seems the Ford GT files were simply removed... Maybe an effort to save space?
Since nobody else has mentioned what themes are available in the latest release, I might take a look and post them. I doubt I'd find one I like better than the Pony.

ssj92

Photon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special
I'm on 18093, 2016 NAV unit. I have GT boot animation and ford gt theme right now.

Guess it's not worth upgrading if I lose those.

What exactly was changed for the new version? I saw Waze was fixed for iOS devices.

asteele

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo Titanium
My understanding is that Android Auto and Apple CarPlay are *possibly* more responsive/reliable - really hard to know if you can tell the difference, I am fairly sure you wont see any other differences at all. Display otherwise looks identical to me.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Why is the SYNC update requirement to have car idling (running) during the 60 minute update duration?

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Why is the SYNC update requirement to have car idling (running) during the 60 minute update duration?
They are just making sure there will be electrical power thru the entire update. Loss of power during update could theoretically leave the system not able to recover properly. People have updated without the engine running.

asteele

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo Titanium
This is to ensure that the upgrade can take place and complete without the car shutting down the Sync system part way through!

If you turn the engine off and leave the audio running, then it will instantly turn off when you open a door - or after approx 15 mins... both actions will interrupt the upgrade from happening. If you leave the engine running (or do the upgrade on a suitably long journey) - then the Sync system will have all the time it needs to complete the upgrade.

Boggus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT PP
What is the last update before the (AS - latest) one? Is it the AM?

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
would anyone like to share the About screen so i can feature it on the first post?
Sponsored