Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

1024GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It seems to me that only the people that installed the leaked version are having issues. Is anyone having issues that never attempted to install the leak?

I wonder if you can find the original Sync version that came with car and flash it to that first, then try official ford release...
I never had any updates and mine wouldn't update via the USB. Updating for hours and nothing happened. Over the air took about 45 minutes or so and was successful.
Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
It seems to me that only the people that installed the leaked version are having issues. Is anyone having issues that never attempted to install the leak?

I wonder if you can find the original Sync version that came with car and flash it to that first, then try official ford release...
I had a difficult time getting my car to take the update, I was on the leaked version and DID finally get the official version to go

Earlj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt, 2008 Z06
Tried to upload the 2.2 update using USB stick. I used a 4 gig formatted FAT32
The update started but i ended up with this message, now i cannot upload anything and have lost the voice command function.
Have any of you seen this?
I followed the instructions on the site but must have done something wrong.

Thank you for any help
IMG_0276.jpg

sanravel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Premium Convertible
Thursday I installed the official update on top of the leaked update on both my 16 Escape and 16 Mustang.

I had loaded the leaked update months ago. Never had any issues with it on either car.

It took about 15 minutes on each and they both created the update file to upload to the Ford Owner site. Both cars show as updated on the website.

They both work great, no delays or glitches noticed.

Fenix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium Shadow Black
Thursday I installed the official update on top of the leaked update on both my 16 Escape and 16 Mustang.

I had loaded the leaked update months ago. Never had any issues with it on either car.

It took about 15 minutes on each and they both created the update file to upload to the Ford Owner site. Both cars show as updated on the website.

They both work great, no delays or glitches noticed.
Did you do the full update without modifying the text file? Also nav or non nav?

I've been holding off as the Lincoln version is working fine for me but I want the official release for whatever enhancements they added behind the scenes

Sponsored

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
The update started but i ended up with this message, now i cannot upload anything and have lost the voice command function.

Thank you for any help
what does the files look like in your usb before installation?

sanravel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Premium Convertible
update

Did you do the full update without modifying the text file? Also nav or non nav?

I've been holding off as the Lincoln version is working fine for me but I want the official release for whatever enhancements they added behind the scenes
I did the full update on both without modifying anything. It updated much faster than the leaked update. Maybe it didn't need to copy all of the files over again.

Shmoke

ZSHAUNZ
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT w/PP Ruby Red

Thank you for any help
This happened to me, exactly as you described. I wrote a work around on post #3011. You need to install 1 file at a time and everything will work. Follow the instructions carefully.

Earlj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is a screen shot of what is in my usb stick.
IMG_0279.jpg
IMG_0278.jpg
IMG_0277.jpg

Sponsored

Earlj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This happened to me, exactly as you described. I wrote a work around on post #3011. You need to install 1 file at a time and everything will work. Follow the instructions carefully.
Thank you for your help.

When i first tried to install mine i used a 4g Stick formatted FAT32 just like the instructions sugessted. It started updating however after a while it quit and when i restarted it this message came up.

Ford support suggested a 32g stick with the EXFAT formatt. When i plug the stick in this message comes up right away and does nothing.

I used winzip to unzip the files.

I notice now that my voice command does not work.

Thanksagain for the help!

lizardrko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Auto PP

I never had any leaked version installed. Just tried a 32gb usb 3.0 drive in exFAT (like sync support said) and it still just kept going. I let it run on my drive home (1hr 15 min) and it never completed. Apparently the website should say exFAT, not FAT32. But they arent fixing it lol. Guess I should wait for the wifi update to hit my car and try it that way...

TexasRebel

Gearshifter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 YZ GTPP - PP2
FAT32 works just fine.

Although there is something interesting in the screenshot above...

The tarball archives should be *T-14G*.tar.gz

Also, I'd suggest ditching winzip for 7zip, or even just use the native extractor in Windows.

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for your help.

When i first tried to install mine i used a 4g Stick formatted FAT32 just like the instructions sugessted. It started updating however after a while it quit and when i restarted it this message came up.

Ford support suggested a 32g stick with the EXFAT formatt. When i plug the stick in this message comes up right away and does nothing.

I used winzip to unzip the files.

I notice now that my voice command does not work.

Thanksagain for the help!

4GB sticks dont work, use at least 8 or 16GB

EdificeWrecks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT Premium PP
Ok, here is my experience.

Background. 2016 GT, No Nav, updated to the 2.2 leaked version back in January. I had no issues with that update and all worked fine.

1. Downloaded the "official" version from the link on the first post of this thread. Used the "Non-Nav" version
2. Unzipped file to a 32gb 3.0 Thumb drive
3. Turned car on, started the engine
4. Plugged USB into the port in the console, no other USB's plugged in.
5. Car immediately found and started to update.
6. Update finished, said it had updated successfully, no issues or warnings
7. Removed USB drive
8. Restarted car, info screen now has me at build 17011
9. All functions working but have NO GRACENOTES and there is no version number next to Gracenotes on the info screen.

So I am curious to see what happens now. I guess I need to figure out how to get my Gracenote back.
My experience exactly.
Sponsored