NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

Doggy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 2012 Lincoln MKS
I got mine to work. I had started step one of the unofficial yesterday. Then tried the official and got nowhere. Today I put step two unofficial in and sat in the car for 20 minutes at lunch before going back to work and figuring I'd mess with it more this weekend. After work I started the car and it didn't have a version number for sync. I plugged in my phone and CarPlay fired right up.
Sponsored

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
literally the easiest mod to date. used the official update and usb method. great idea to use a thinner plastic car (rewards car or hotel key car style) between the plastic and a screw driver to pop out the plastic panel. the actual update took longer than the hardware part. great work all.

GTMesteno_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Just finished updating .... v1.0 to v2.2. I was losing hope on this update, but I'm glad Ford got it together and finally released this. :thumbsup:

No issues with the install here; I used an old 4gb USB drive. Now just have to wait for the new hub :frusty:
disk.JPG

vinnie_febs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
In The Works
Started my car today and behold, my Sync is downloading an update. I guess OTAs are rolling out. It is taking forever though, download is sloooooowwwww.

Shmoke

ZSHAUNZ
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT w/PP Ruby Red
Installation failed: Installation has run out of space

Guys, for those of you that ran into the "installation has run out of space" message... I found a work around!! :headbang:

Here is how I did it:

Using a 32GB usb formatted to fat32, since the issue is that the install "out of space," I decided to install each of the 6 files individually and it worked. I have voice, gracenote, android auto!

1) Downloaded the file from ford. Saved the upzipped files to the USB drive
2) I then saved a backup copy of the "autoinstall.lst" file as a master reference copy.
3) I then opened up the file autoinstall.lst file using notepad in windows FROM THE USB (not the backup).
4) Here is what you see for the NON NAV version when opened with notepad:

[SYNCGen3.0_2.2.17011_PRODUCT]
Item1 = HB5T-14G386-TBB
Open1 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-TBB.tar.gz
Item2 = GB5T-14G386-SB
Open2 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-SB.tar.gz
Item3 = HN1T-14G391-BC
Open3 = SyncMyRide\HN1T-14G391-BC.tar.gz
Options = AutoInstall

; 2nd half
[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1 = HN1T-14G423-BA
Open1 = SyncMyRide\HN1T-14G423-BA.tar.gz
Item2 = HN1T-14G381-SA
Open2 = SyncMyRide\HN1T-14G381-SA.tar.gz
Item3 = GB5T-14G386-AA
Open3 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-AA.tar.gz
Options = AutoInstall,Delay,Include,Transaction
5) If you look at it, the first group has 3 items (pairs) and the second group has 3 items listed (2 pairs) (they are representing the 6 files in the syncmyride folder). I deleted the entire second group and items 2 and 3 in of the first group of the autoinstall.lst file. It looked like this:

Item1 = HB5T-14G386-TBB
Open1 = SyncMyRide\HB5T-14G386-TBB.tar.gz
Options = AutoInstall
6) I ran to my car and it took this first file (only took 5 minutes). I then took the USB back to the computer and using my backup master copy of the autoinstall.lst file, opened up the original "autoinstall.lst" file and used the command to do just the second file. In order to do this (very confusing but be patient, you'll see the pattern) open the backup copy so you can see the code for the second file. I copy and pasted the information for the second file into the USB copy of the autoinstall.lst file. However, you have the change the item number from "item2" to "Item 1." It looked like this after you paste it and change the item number from 2 to 1:

Item1 = GB5T-14G386-SB
Open1 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-SB.tar.gz
Options = AutoInstall

Same for third file, it looked like this:

Item1 = HN1T-14G391-BC
Open1 = SyncMyRide\HN1T-14G391-BC.tar.gz
Options = AutoInstall
Saved it and took it to the car, everything successful. The forth file I used the second half of the code on the autoinstall.lst file: File 4 was activated by listing the second half code which I got from the master copy of the autoinstall file again. This is what it should look like (notice the 1st group of code is deleted):

; 2nd half
[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1 = HN1T-14G423-BA
Open1 = SyncMyRide\HN1T-14G423-BA.tar.gz
; Gen 3 - Assembly Update - NonNav/NEU - 17011

; 2nd half
[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1 = HN1T-14G381-SA
Open1 = SyncMyRide\HN1T-14G381-SA.tar.gz

; 2nd half
[SYNCGen3.0_ALL]
Item1 = GB5T-14G386-AA
Open1 = SyncMyRide\GB5T-14G386-AA.tar.gz

Sorry for the long write up, I hope you guys see the pattern on how to activate each file. Took me a little over an hour to do everything but everything works! Gracenote, Sync3, Voice, Blutooth...and I also noticed that the voice commands are using a softer voice. Keep in mind that I never modified the Syncmyride folder. I left all those files alone on the USB. The only thing I changed was the autoinstall.lst file, which basically tells your system which file to install. Anyway, I hope my fun day of trouble shooting helps a bunch of you guys out that have the same issue I had.

:ford:

Last edited:

Sponsored

scott_0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
^^ great info!

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
so how do you get gracenote back if you already installed the official 2.2 release?

Shmoke

ZSHAUNZ
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT w/PP Ruby Red
picture.jpg

When I originally tried to upgrade, I had 1.0. The update failed and I ended up losing voice services and Gracenote. When I did the files individually like I explain above, I was able to get everything back. My guess is that the official file has Gracenote somewhere in there, as you can see from my blurry picture, It works.

K'stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost premium
SOOO, I bought a brand new good quality cable - Belkin Micro USB ($20) at BestBuy, and Android Auto still wouldn't work! I keep getting "Sync cannot initialize AA, please check phone settings". I have tried 3 cables so far, one Samsung cable that came with the phone (galaxy s7), another good quality cable, and brand new Belkin one. $20 wasted and no resolution yet.

What cable worked for you guys to setup AA?

HarmonatoR

Threads
Reaction score
Website
paraboxic.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
What cable worked for you guys to setup AA?
So far, I've had great success with this from Amazon for $6.99:

Amazon.com said:
Anker PowerLine+ Micro USB (1ft) The Premium Durable Cable [Kevlar Fiber & Double Braided Nylon] for Samsung, Nexus, LG, Motorola, Android Smartphones and More
by Anker
Link: http://a.co/5eyQMgX
They've got a few color choices, and it works on both the front and rear USB. I've not upgraded the USB ports yet, as I don't have a Fisher Price phone... uh, I mean an Apple. :rolleyes:

Sponsored

K'stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang EcoBoost premium
So far, I've had great success with this from Amazon for $6.99:

They've got a few color choices, and it works on both the front and rear USB. I've not upgraded the USB ports yet, as I don't have a Fisher Price phone... uh, I mean an Apple. :rolleyes:
Thanks. I am getting impatient and frustrated now. I had some issues with upgrade, and now issues connecting AA. Hope someone has a suggestion for another cable that I can get from a store tomorrow. Else I will order this one from Amazon and wait for 2-3 days.

milner_7

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.highdefinitionautodetail.ca
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Deep Impact Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I used a formatted fat32 4gig sandisk usb drive and had no issues with the download or install. The car actually turned itself off when the install was complete.

Quackfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Premium
I used a formatted fat32 4gig sandisk usb drive and had no issues with the download or install. The car actually turned itself off when the install was complete.
considering I was driving to work when I did mine that would have been really bad!

OP
OP
HizliBullet

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
check ebay, theres tons more

RawisTheGameHhH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Conv't
picture.jpg

When I originally tried to upgrade, I had 1.0. The update failed and I ended up losing voice services and Gracenote. When I did the files individually like I explain above, I was able to get everything back. My guess is that the official file has Gracenote somewhere in there, as you can see from my blurry picture, It works.
ill try your steps this morning but not sure it will work since 2.2 is already installed
Sponsored