Sponsored

NEW SYNC 3.0 Build 20204 Nav Android Auto/Apple Carplay

Mustang_Eh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Does anyone have a download link to working v3 files? Owner.ford.com download is not working. I spoke with Ford and they are not planning on fixing it until MAYBE end of the month or longer. I live in a condo, so wi-fi option doesn't work (takes ~10 days to complete) and I sure as hell won't pay the dealer $100+ to update.
Sponsored

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
Does anyone have a download link to working v3 files? Owner.ford.com download is not working. I spoke with Ford and they are not planning on fixing it until MAYBE end of the month or longer. I live in a condo, so wi-fi option doesn't work (takes ~10 days to complete) and I sure as hell won't pay the dealer $100+ to update.
see my post one page back for the official Ford link

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
I am having trouble getting mine to update. I’m currently running Sync 3 v2.2 (16280)
I’ve tried 18025 by itself and I’ve tried the modified 18025 & 18093 install.
I keep getting error code SIGN_ERR01
Any ideas?
Thanks

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
Yes, do a factory reset prior to the upgrade and make sure your USB key is formatted to either exfat or fat32.

Sponsored

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
Yes, do a factory reset prior to the upgrade and make sure your USB key is formatted to either exfat or fat32.
ahhh… the factory reset must be the key. ill go give that try and let you know

Thanks

asteele

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mondeo Titanium
Factory reset is not usually required, I have never needed to do it - but it is the first thing to do if things are not working as expected! :)

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
Did the reset and still getting errors! Contacted seller of the unit and they said this was a known issue and they are sending me a new unit. Fingers crossed!

Aras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Not simultaneously. If you switch apps on the phone, Waze will not display on the car's screen. If you switch back to Waze, it will show up again.
Thank you, honestly that implementation sucks

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' FE, 20' FE
Not simultaneously. If you switch apps on the phone, Waze will not display on the car's screen. If you switch back to Waze, it will show up again.

Apple limitation. Third party apps can only stream video when the phone is on and the app is in the foreground. For the curious.

Sponsored

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Here's how to do a full upgrade from any previous 3.x version to 18093. This instructions are for NA NAV sync 3 v3.x (you can extrapolate this for non-NAV if you're savvy enough. For sync 3 v2.x or v1.x you'll have to first install the vanilla 18025 from the link below then run through this procedure. For either non-NAV and/or non-NA builds use the appropriate vanilla 18025)

1) download the full 18025 from Ford
2) extract the zip file into a USB key
3) download the shell-only 18093 update from Ford
4) copy the JR3T-14G381-AM_117055.tar.gz file into the SyncMyRide folder on the USB key (created in step 2)
5) edit autoinstall.lst file on the USB key so that it looks exactly like this:

6) insert the USB key into your car.
This didnt work for me, it kept telling me that my system was already updated (Have the official 18025 build). I did get it updated with just the 18093 file and a different autoinstall.lst file.

Got it updated and tried waze again, and I still have the Audio Volume dropping to 6 when Waze speaks out directions. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone?!?!?!?

leszek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 CO GT PP vert
This didnt work for me, it kept telling me that my system was already updated (Have the official 18025 build).
The only way for that to happen that I can think of is if you didn't copy the autoinstall.lst exactly as it is in the thread and instead tried to edit the original 18025 one by hand.

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
The only way for that to happen that I can think of is if you didn't copy the autoinstall.lst exactly as it is in the thread and instead tried to edit the original 18025 one by hand.
First round your response was what I did, the second time I copied what you put in the thread and still didnt install either, but I could have done something wrong, the end result I got it installed.

Indylatenight

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Premium Convertible
This didnt work for me, it kept telling me that my system was already updated (Have the official 18025 build). I did get it updated with just the 18093 file and a different autoinstall.lst file.

Got it updated and tried waze again, and I still have the Audio Volume dropping to 6 when Waze speaks out directions. Anyone else have this problem? Anyone?!?!?!?
I have the exact same problem since upgrading.
Sponsored